Newtonian

NJ AG asks Supremes NOT to take on Drake

First article of the NJ constitution. Too bad no one follows it... 

ARTICLE I
                                    RIGHTS AND PRIVILEGES

1.   All persons are by nature free and independent, and have certain natural and unalienable rights, among which are those of enjoying and defending life and liberty, of acquiring, possessing, and protecting property, and of pursuing and obtaining safety and happiness.  

whens the next conference?  Do they have a deadline on making a decision of weather they will at least hear it?

4/25

No deadline. The Court can hold it indefinitely if they wanted to (but they won't). I expect this case to either be granted of denied at either the next conference or shortly thereafter. 

4/25

No deadline. The Court can hold it indefinitely if they wanted to (but they won't). I expect this case to either be granted of denied at either the next conference or shortly thereafter. 

If by some miracle, they plan to reject the 3CA ruling without a hearing, wouldn't it take a few weeks or months to write the decision? I that case, do they just keep delaying it until the decision is written, or will they tell us they've overturned the ruling and then we wait for the decision?

If by some miracle, they plan to reject the 3CA ruling without a hearing, wouldn't it take a few weeks or months to write the decision? I that case, do they just keep delaying it until the decision is written, or will they tell us they've overturned the ruling and then we wait for the decision?

You are assuming that wasn't already done. I can imagine that the judges talk among themselves for some time before the actual conference, they are not locked in sound proof cages. This conference could have been Scalia bringing the summary reversal as he wrote it, them having a conversation and asking for some wording changes, and the final version gets voted on next week.

This is of course the most optimistic view, and for all we know Scalia is righting his minority view do a denial of cert.

I believe it can come out the same day as the conference orders. It won't be a lengthy opinion, just a short memo. 

But this is an extremely unlikely scenario.