skorpion317

ATTN: All NJ2AS LEO members, plus any volunteers

During the rush for gun control laws in the aftermath of the Newtown shootings, state, county and local LEOs from around the country publicly stated they would not enforce any of these potential laws.

The NJ Legislature is dominated by anti-gun politicians hellbent on citizen disarmament. Our appeals to them have fallen on deaf ears. Technically, our only hope of defeating the proposed 10-round mag capacity limit is through Christie's veto, and he hasn't proven to be the strongest 2A supporter.

If we got county and local law enforcement, in public statements, to say they will not enforce this unconstitutional capacity limit, it may give the tyrants pause. Many LEOs are private gun owners themselves and would be affected by this bill.

Obviously, the "left"-leaning areas of the state would be a lost cause, but they would be forced to go on record as supporting tyranny. The State Police would also be a lost cause. Law enforcement in the "right"-leaning areas of the state should be more sympathetic, however, and if they aren't, again they'll be forced to defend their stance in public (or at the polls, in the case of sheriffs). There is a similar effort in Connecticut right now, with hundreds of LEOs refusing to enforce their unconstitutional gun confiscation law. A law is nothing but words on paper if nobody is willing to enforce it.

If you are an LEO who's willing to stay true to your oath and stand up for your rights and the rights of those in your community, PM me for further details. If you are an NJ2AS member who wants to help with this effort, PM me.

The bill doesn't exclude active LEO with "personal" firearms - only their service weapon (to my understanding). But it would be great and restore my faith in LEO if some would come forward and tell us they won't turn on us - legal, humble, law abiding citizens just because some sniveling control mongers order them to like they are sheep with the rest of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I don't know ...I'm good friends with a LEO who's not on here and I'm a 1,000 positive he wouldn't act on this. Let's hope there's a lot more like him who just aren't on here.

** also instead of saying "restore" my faith let me change that to "keep" my faith. I didn't mean that the way it sounded (like I don't have faith in them - I do).

Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm a fed LEO and I run in a very, very large circle of others around the country, as well as state and locals. We've discussed this subject at length and I haven't spoken to a single one who would carry out a confiscation order. Of course this is anecdotal, so take it for what it's worth.

Well, if it makes you feel better, I'm a fed LEO and I run in a very, very large circle of others around the country, as well as state and locals. We've discussed this subject at length and I haven't spoken to a single one who would carry out a confiscation order. Of course this is anecdotal, so take it for what it's worth.

I wouldn't want to march into certain death either.  You will have a majority that would comply and give them right over, but many will go down fighting.  Imagine your door getting kicked down in the middle of the night....... quick time to decide friend or foe. 

Way to many pussies and not enough men. the best generation this country ever saw is now either dead or to old to do much.

Sad that those kind of men are few and far between in this country. Trained and brain washed robots afraid to lose their job but have no problem

losing their rights to freedom. Is there  really a job in the world worth your freedom,your children's or grandchildren s freedom or security? Because it's not just about the individual, it's about all of us who enjoyed and remember what freedom was like  and the desire to pass that on to the generations to come after us. In school i pledged to the flag, not the govt. Just like "public servants" (i use that term very loosely) took an oath to uphold and protect the Constitution NOT their boss or the Govt. yeah i know real easy to say from my recliner, however i'm willing to get out of this recliner and pay the price if it helps the future generations of this once great country realize the freedoms that I knew as a much younger man.

I would not count on many if any backing me up from any govt run agency.

Way to many pussies and not enough men. the best generation this country ever saw is now either dead or to old to do much.

Sad that those kind of men are few and far between in this country. Trained and brain washed robots afraid to lose their job but have no problem

losing their rights to freedom. Is there really a job in the world worth your freedom,your children's or grandchildren s freedom or security? Because it's not just about the individual, it's about all of us who enjoyed and remember what freedom was like and the desire to pass that on to the generations to come after us. In school i pledged to the flag, not the govt. Just like "public servants" (i use that term very loosely) took an oath to uphold and protect the Constitution NOT their boss or the Govt. yeah i know real easy to say from my recliner, however i'm willing to get out of this recliner and pay the price if it helps the future generations of this once great country realize the freedoms that I knew as a much younger man.

I would not count on many if any backing me up from any govt run agency.

I keep saying let's get groups together of at least 10 people and all 10 go door to door. It's so easy to brush off 1-2 people that knock on your sort just as you were getting ready watch something you DVR'd ...but if 10 people are outside and are like, "Listen dude we need you to hear us out." You'll probably hear them out. In 1 day 10 people can grow to 20. And the number can keep doubling. Before you know it we have a strong coalition of NJ voters that will be informed and vote boneheads like Sweeney and Greenwald out!

The bill doesn't exclude active LEO with "personal" firearms - only their service weapon (to my understanding). But it would be great and restore my faith in LEO if some would come forward and tell us they won't turn on us - legal, humble, law abiding citizens just because some sniveling control mongers order them to like they are sheep with the rest of us. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do believe it excludes active and retired LEO's, which would include their personal firearms.

It's the politicians little sweetener to keep the cops on their side.

I do believe it excludes active and retired LEO's, which would include their personal firearms.

Equal, but some animals are more equal than others...

UPDATE:

I've got a statement written up, ready to be given to LEOs - just waiting on NJ2AS approval.

I spoke to Morris County Sheriff Ed Rochford, who said he supports this effort 100% and declared his strong support for the 2nd Amendment.

I've also contacted the NJ chapter of the Oathkeepers to get them involved as well.

If you want to help, contact your local PD - either by phone or in person - and ask them if they will protect the citizens of your town and refuse to enforce the 10-round capacity limit bills if they become law. If you want to use the statement I've written, just PM me and I'll send it to you.

Any guys/gals from East Windsor Township? I was thinking if I send a letter with all your signatures on it with me that will look good. Maybe guys/gals in other townships should do this too?

And Norsemen wrote: I don't know ...I'm good friends with a LEO who's not on here and I'm a 1,000 positive he wouldn't act on this.

I think both of you are living in fantasy-land. A cop has a job to do. Not to enforce only the laws he likes, but to enforce all legally enacted statutes. They also swear to uphold the constitution, but there's significant debate (mostly bullshit IMO, but it exists) on the breadth of the 2nd Amendment. You guys forget that 30 years ago there was no such thing a concealed carry except in Vermont. Now everybody outside of a handful of states is a self-proclaimed gunslinger. Just as easily as it came, it can go away.

Facing a choice between losing his job, pension, health benefits, and having a felony conviction to boot for dereliction of duty, or upholding what he believed to be the spirit and letter of the 2nd Amendment, 99% of law officers would arrest you. Yeah, even those great sheriffs out west. 

I never in my life have heard of a police officer cutting someone slack for a serious offense.  

Stop kidding yourselves. A doctor doesn't make money unless people are sick and remain so. A lawyer doesn't make money unless people get into legal quandaries. Plumbers go broke unless your pipes explode. Pro-gun bloggers notwithstanding, a cop who lets someone go because of his belief in the Constitution is a rare, if not extinct, species.

I didn't say I would let someone go. I would refuse to enforce an unconstitutional order. Possibly illegal orders have been questioned and refused in the past. It happens more than you would know. If you've never taken the oath, then you may not realize how much it actually means to many of us. Much more than a job or a pension.

I didn't say I would let someone go. I would refuse to enforce an unconstitutional order. Possibly illegal orders have been questioned and refused in the past. It happens more than you would know. If you've never taken the oath, then you may not realize how much it actually means to many of us. Much more than a job or a pension.

"I would not enforce an unconstitutional order" is an awful lot of leeway, isn't it? The presumption is that laws on the books for 80 years are constitutional. Otherwise they'd have been struck down. All public servants take oaths, then they decide afterwards what the oath means.  

And where do you personally draw the line? Maybe you wouldn't arrest a range buddy for having a 12-round mag (which very shortly will be illegal in this state). OK. What about a 20 round magazine? What if, during your day to day activities as an officer, you discovered a 20-round mag attached to a non-compliant AK or AR? Loaded revolver on the back seat in plain view?

Where does your personal constitution begin and where does it end? 

Its difficult to say what is and what isn't constitutional until a court rules one way or the other. What I find to be BS is a law can be imposed upon the people, until its ruled upon by the courts to be otherwise. Worse than that is trying to get the case heard in court.

Sent using Tapatalk 2 NOW FREE!!!

Screw the courts, lex iniusta non est lex. An unjust (or unconstitutional, same efen thing) law ain't a freakin law. Now you hafta understand that trodding that path can cost a lot. It'll cost property, liberty and mebbe even life. Each of us has to make decisions, ya know, like cost-benefit analyses. Eventually (4/19/1775 for example) the choice may not really be a choice anymore.

I have tremendous respect for upstanding LEOs, for all dedicated public servants. Just know that I got no truck with oathbreakers. A LEO who breaks his oath is subhuman, evil and worthy of nothing but derision. I offer no apologies on this. Those who know me know I am a man of my word. I have very dear friends who are oathkeeping LEOs. Woe be to an oathbreaker, in this world and the next. I don't want to hear the Nuremberg defense, cos I got a .40 cal response to, "I was just following orders."

You believe wrong.  it only exempts In the case of Active Officers, firearms used for duty purposes, with the appropriate "Chief's Letter" same as now.  Handguns form Both Active and retired are only exempt if you are Qualified to carry it.