45srbest

Ramshot Tac powder anywhere

Cause its rather awesome?

It is really good for 223 and 308, it is very temperature stable, and it meters really well in progressive presses, it can produce really accurate loads. It is also relatively cheap.

The temp stable thing I think is overstated.  I make it a point to never leave ammo laying in the sun and that is the extreme when most powders change.

W748 and CFE223 work well for me and don't see any pressure changes.

In this environment I kind of use what I can get and is suitable.

Right now I would make a list of alternates and take what you can. I have not seen any Tac, Varget, W748. Any substitutes I have found where only in 1 pound sizes. I have not seen 4 and 8 pounders, either.  Good Hunting. 

The temp stable thing I think is overstated. I make it a point to never leave ammo laying in the sun and that is the extreme when most powders change.

That's fine, my ammo can end up in a frozen bag over night then cooking in the sun during the day when traveling to matches. It may not be a huge difference, but I suck enough as it is so I'll take ever bit of margin.

However the biggest thing for me is how well it measures and flows through the Dillon measure. It is a fast flower, I drop 25gr about as fast as I drop 4gr of pistol powder, so I can keep going at a reasonable rate.

True, right now I'd take whatever I could find too.

I'm thinking of using this powder for 69gr, matchkings in a 16" 1/7 barrel. Varget sounds like a great powder, but I don't think it will meter well thru my dillon powder measure. H335 is a little hot for my 69gr. Bullets.

And thanks for reminding me about Gunbroker. I ordered a Giraud trimmer the other day, so I have a few months to find my powder at maybe a better price then gunbroker.

TAC is really good stuff. I use it for my plinking loads. I came real close to matching TAC loads to my Varget Match in 223 (69 / 75), Varget and H4895 Hunting loads for my 308 150g. Just a FYI, the burn rate is between Varget and H4895 so using it in a Garand won't get you killed. I bought a few 8lb jugs before all the craziness began.

Oh well I tried.. can this be used for 55 gr. fmj? Looks like it is better suited for heavier projectiles

Yep, works fine. Last year I even loaded about 2000 52gr bullets and they worked quite well. It is particularly helpful for heavy bullets because you don't need to do compressed loads like you would with Varget if you want higher velocities, but that doesn't mean it isn't suitable for lower weight bullets.