7-3-2

Are there any ranges where an 18 year old can shoot a handgun?

So as part of my birthday my wife and I were going to take a trip to the range and shoot some of our toys. My little sister who is 18 and her bf who is 22 were going to tag along for their first time. We planned on going to Heritage Guild but their policy says nobody under 21 can shoot a handgun. Now we are stuck trying to find a place that my sister can shoot more than just my 10/22. I am trying to find a place other than shoreshot to go to and try out that has rentals. Any suggestions??

@ Heritage

14. Children 10 and over may use the range when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Minors under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times in the range and store

15. You must be 21 years old to shoot a handgun & 18 years old to shoot a long gun without being accompanied by parent or legal guardian.

She being accompanied by an adult, I have seen plenty of relatives with adults

I shoot with my 14 year old son at ANJRPC at the pistol range. I am literally never more then two feet away and focused liked a laser.... It is way too easy at that age to get distracted for 1 second and sweep left or right. I don't recall what the official rules are there but the RSO came over and check our badge.. Never mentioned anything about his age... He did setup right behind us and watched like a hawk to make sure I was watching like a hawk.

Personally I think new / young shooters are better off shooting at a port and not from open bench. The small port area helps enforce keeping the muzzel pointed down range.

@ Heritage

14. Children 10 and over may use the range when accompanied by a parent or legal guardian. Minors under 18 must be accompanied by an adult at all times in the range and store

15. You must be 21 years old to shoot a handgun & 18 years old to shoot a long gun without being accompanied by parent or legal guardian.

She being accompanied by an adult, I have seen plenty of relatives with adults

This is my understanding with HG (Easton). An underage person can shoot when accompanied by a parent or designated legal guardian (the parent must sign all the consent forms, initially). However, they can't shoot/rent weapons from HG on their own. They can shoot/rent long guns on their own when they turn 18, and hand guns when they turn 21.

I haven't read the rules there in some time, as I'm on my second year there. But you should be fine, if you go on a Sunday lmk, I'll try to get up there too. I've gotten to know a RSO up there, I can text him and double check for ya.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk