Oleg

Greetings from Old Bridge, NJ

What a great and active forum! Found some useful advice here.

I am a newbie, never shot anything in my life. I was looking for things to do inside this long winter and went with friends to a Brick Armory shooting range, just to make some loud noise :)
As result I thought it can be a great and (hopefully not-)useful hobby. Went a couple more times to ShoreShot, and signed up for a membership there. I do not have any guns yet, so I rent and do target shooting. Applying for FPID next week.

Thank you. Yes, Michael, I was born in Ukraine.

I know about OBRPC, it is nearby. It seems like you have to be quite committed to join them. And there are no rental guns there. I figured if I stick around I will join them in a year or so.

Welcome to the forum and hobby!! I started the same way by renting and going to shore shots. I have found buying your own gun and buying ammo online comes out better in the long run. Buying ammo and renting at shore shots adds up after a few visits. I used to walk in and pay $100+ between my GF and me. Now I walk in and with my own ammo, gun and don't pay anything (I am a member). 

Old Bridge is a 2 - 2 1/2 months wait, better then some other towns. I have the same feeling about OBRPC, will try and join soon.

Thanks! I will take you up on your offer in a month or two. Just let me become slightly less idiot about guns than I am now. 

Welcome. I'm a member of obrpc. I can bring you as a guest some time if you want to check the place out.

I asked for one handgun in application for FPID and P2P. I wonder if I can ask them to update that to two :)

Call and ask, the ladies in the records department have always been nice to me.

I asked if the "new" online Background checks make things faster and she said yes. Usually with old bridge I wait just under 60 days, let's see what "faster" means.