Bully

My Buddy Shooting Pro-Am@Tenafly

Sweet, I gotta get myself there one Sunday...

Come on down, son!!!

I guess you were Christopher in the red shirt? I'm mike. The tall guy on your squad. Good shooting last night.

Hey Mike. You're quite kind. I shot like crap but had a ball. Almost as much as my buddy did.

C

Who were the Pros in the Pro part of Pro-Am? Is this a steel match or an outlaw shoot as you see them and just setup any type of stages?

LoL

I wouldn't call this pro-am , but just " knockdown steel "

Pro-Am has a set par time for the stage, if you dont finish - too bad, pro-am you also move from place to place in a course field. 

Also, most knockdown steel / pro-am is limited to 10 rounds in a magazine. 

LoL

Pro-Am has a set par time for the stage, if you dont finish - too bad, pro-am you also move from place to place in a course field. 

Ahh ok I get it now...I was thinking Sevigny and Jerry were there!!!

LoL

It's like a pro-am…without the traveling professionals showing up.

The match director assigns par times to the stages.  You do move from place to place to shoot, but being an indoor range, there is usually one stage set up on the left side of the range, and another one on the right side of the range.  :-)  One can only load 10 rounds in a mag.

It's like a pro-am…without the traveling professionals showing up.

The match director assigns par times to the stages. You do move from place to place to shoot, but being an indoor range, there is usually one stage set up on the left side of the range, and another one on the right side of the range. :-) One can only load 10 rounds in a mag.

I counted 15 shots on the dude in tophers video

I counted 15 shots on the dude in tophers video

I confess, I hadn't watched the video.    I do shoot the Tenafly matches a few times a year, and we're generally (I thought always…) instructed to limit round count to 10 rounds in a mag.

I noticed that he had more than 10 in a mag too.  He was new and they didn't make a big deal out of it.  We're all there to have fun and be safe.  It's Pro-Am style without the Pro :) and par times are fairly generous. 

I've been meaning to try knockdown at OB...looks like a lot of fun with tons of plates. Also, Chris and Ramon runs the USPSA practice night.  Dennis runs the Pro-Am.  Not bad for indoor.

Yeah... Might need to be a little Chillin going on in here. Sometimes people (me, my buddy) shoot in "competitions" strictly to have fun. Nothing more. Add to that that my friend lives in Long Island and this is something like the 3rd time hes shot a handgun. We were just having fun.

C

Yeah... Might need to be a little Chillin going on in here. Sometimes people (me, my buddy) shoot in "competitions" strictly to have fun. Nothing more. Add to that that my friend lives in Long Island and this is something like the 3rd time hes shot a handgun. We were just having fun.

C

chris, wasnt trying to knockdown the shooting competition or nothing, all shooting is a good time, no matter what it is. just pointing out the differences.