Sign in to follow this  
maintenanceguy

Russian Ammo Panic Has Begun

I watch gunbot.net every day for several different calibers.  I order when there is a rare good deal on just about anything.  I've been watching 7.62x54r for months.  It typically floats around 19 - 21 cents a round.  This morning, it's starting at 27 cents a round.  It has been slowly moving for the last week.   Fortunately, my order from last week will be arriving today.    I am not an alarmist and I usually think strange things are temporary but I thought that about .22 so I'm not so sure now.

http://gunbot.net/ammo/rifle/762x54

choose "sort by price".

Ticking upwards for several reasons.  Panic buying, hoarding lead the list.  But your dollar is worth less around the world so that adds to it also.  Most of the current uptick is due to panic buying, internet hype.  There are plenty of foreign arsenals producing.  Importers choose based on demand and price.  Now an unexpected world "problem", along with internet hype starts an increase in demand.  Free market says price goes up.  It will take several months because of import regulations and shipping, but you will see more later this year.