Sign in to follow this  
FLHX

Odin works barrel [B233183G]

Ty,

What is the size of the intermediate gas system? I am looking for a rifle length gas system on a 18 or 16 (harder to find). i haven't seen an intermediate system so I was wonder the length.

I am looking to move from a mid to longer. Also how are the Odin barrels.  I have been reading about the Nordic barrel 18 rifle lgth. so compared to that barrel any thoughts?

Thanks,

Doug

I thought this was a PM but I made a new thread not sure how I screwed that up.

Intermediate is between midlength and rifle. The gas tubes can be hard to come by which is why Odin bundles a gas tube (and gas block) with the barrel. These particular barrels carry a 1MOA guarantee which according to Odin, has never been exercised because the barrels perform well. All the feedback I've gotten so far has been positive. I personally haven't had time to get out and shoot mine due to time and weather constraints but I have no reason to believe it won't be a shooter.

Doug you read my mind..was thinking the same thing for my SPR build..Ty I'll wait for a range report from you if you dont mind..im stuck in space with the Odin, Wilson Combat, Compass Lake and White Oak

I was actually in discussion with WOA about a custom 18" stainless barrel but when I saw Odin had the 3-Gun as an off-the-shelf option, I stopped pursuing it because the Odin was exactly what I wanted at a better pricepoint than I could have provided with a house-branded barrel. I'll get mine shot as soon as I can...Mother Nature needs to stop being a tempermental PMSing mad cow first.

Just installed this same barrel purchased from Ty for a 3G type build.  I must say the quality is top notch.  Installation was a breeze.  Put a Troy Claymore Brake on because I did not want to have to deal with "side blast".  I hope to make it to the range in the next two weeks.  Snow cover is just about gone.

Doug you read my mind..was thinking the same thing for my SPR build..Ty I'll wait for a range report from you if you dont mind..im stuck in space with the Odin, Wilson Combat, Compass Lake and White Oak

The Odin barrel in my SPR build shot nice tight groups today. I'd say their 1MOA guarantee is legit.