Stuntman22

Taurus Judge Question

Howdy,

I recently purchased a Taurus Judge Public Defender Ultra Lite. In a word, the finish looks like crap. It looks like a grey soot all over the gun. I want to refinish it but the place that refinished my block slide want $ 270.00

Does any one have any suggestions or finishes that they like. Im pretty open. Don't think I will carry this thing that much but I can't have an ugly gun. Cant wait to try the .410 shotgun shells out of it. I know its gimmicky 

but its got some "cool" factor.

Thanks,

Lou

I'm very sorry to hear of this purchase.  Once the "cool factor" wears-off and you test the gun and find-out it can't keep either birdshot pellets OR .45's on the paper past 7 yards, you'll do what everybody else does--AND SELL IT!

These guns may LOOK awesome, but they exist only because of demand brought about by Gun Writers "on the take" publishing test results under ideal conditions with super-expensive ammo. A compromise at best, they perform neither function correctly....

I'm very sorry to hear of this purchase.  Once the "cool factor" wears-off and you test the gun and find-out it can't keep either birdshot pellets OR .45's on the paper past 7 yards, you'll do what everybody else does--AND SELL IT!

These guns may LOOK awesome, but they exist only because of demand brought about by Gun Writers "on the take" publishing test results under ideal conditions with super-expensive ammo. A compromise at best, they perform neither function correctly....

My thoughts exactly, but I didn't feel like rubbing salt in the wound.

Short of selling it, I guess he might as well do what he wants to make his purchase as enjoyable as possible.