Jp10127

Critical defense not considered hollow point?

So my carry permit for my job finally processed and now I have to go out and buy some full metal jacket rounds after reloading for years! I reload with hollow points. I have some hornady critical defense .40 calls I keep at home just incase. I was recently talking either a friend and he says that nj state police do not consider these as hollow points since they have the polymer in the cavity. For some reason I highly doubt it but does anybody actually know for sure? I tried calling the state police barracks that issued my carry permit bug no one there was any the wiser either. I could only picture them scratching their heads on the other side of the phone as I was told .........ummm sir I'm not really sure by a few people. Has anybody else dealt with this situation? I'd rather carry those than the fmj. But again anything us better than nothing.

The problem is that you have the referenced letter stating that you are good to go with those three selections, on the one hand, and on the other, you have the Aitken decision that took the contemporary definition of dum-dum to mean any bullet that expands more than usual - whatever that is. The proverbial rock and a hard place.

If you are going to go with one of the named rounds, I'd go with the Federal EFMJ because upon visual inspection they appear like any other FMJ and no one's the wiser.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Yea dont worry I can only carry while on the clock. And thanks to he same aforementioned morons in Trenton because of wording I have to unload my mag and store ammo away from reach of the weapon and the whole deal after a long night at work since my permit doesn't allow transportation to and from work. Oh I drive a wrangler he entire vehicle is within reach! But banks guys. I will have to look into some of the mentioned options

If you search hard enough you will find a memo from the State Police about it.  I'm sure it's on this board somewhere.  Critical Defense is not considered a hollow point.