Howard

My Rant of the day on mag limits bill A2006/S993

Feel free to steal or imitate - and send to all State Senators today!!!

Well we have now seen that the NJ Assembly is filled with mostly liars out to better their lot by pandering to special interest groups.  The less than honorable Ass. Greenwald should be publicly humiliated for the disgrace he presides over.  He has the audacity to get up on the floor and blatantly lie, introducing “facts” that are anything but facts.  His, and Senator Sweeney’s, use of parents that lost their children as props to further their anti-citizen agenda is a total farce.  While we feel for anyone that lost a loved one; the fact that they suffered in no way makes them experts on anything.  In fact, it makes them nothing but emotional pawns for arguments that are far from fact based.  If we look at the facts, which our lying representatives don’t know or won’t admit we find that Adam Lanza used 30 round magazines, further he reloaded long before they were empty.  What this says is that neither 15 round magazines (which are the NJ limit) nor mini 10 round magazines would have had any impact on anything.  Those are the facts.  Thus, they are using these lies to harm honest citizens while giving criminals a further advantage – shame on them.

Further, they provide ZERO evidence, not one single case where in NJ if a gunman had fewer rounds it would have impacted anything.  Why, because ammunition capacity has never been an issue in NJ.  This is because criminals come prepared with many magazines, many guns, and in the case of gangs many shooters.  The scared homeowner who is awoken from a sound sleep to find three bad guys with guns in his home has only what the gun he grabs is loaded with.  If this bill becomes law honest homeowners will die, maybe not immediately – but mark my words it will happen.  These deaths will be on the hands of Greenwald and Sweeney and any of their club of liars that vote for this.

Greenwald further lied when he claimed this illegal taking of property with no compensation from the state will have minimal impact on gun owners.  He falsely claims that magazines only cost $13.  If that is the case I suggest that he sell every gun owner in the state replacement magazines and eat any overage out of his own pocket.  That overage will be in excess of $100 million dollars.  The cheapest magazine I ever bought was $30, with most being $40 or more.  Further, due to limited production and demand, 10 round magazines generally cost significantly more than 15 round magazines.  Lastly, there is almost no market to sell used 15 round magazines into, and if there were you might get about $5 – so this just steals money from legal citizens – shame on you!!!

If our representatives in Trenton wanted to do something to reduce gun violence they would table this stupid proposal and do something to go after the people that commit gun violence.  I propose they mandate strict prison terms for anyone that uses a gun against another human in a non-defensive shooting.  How about a mandatory 1 year in prison for each and every bullet fired in a criminal episode.  While that might not stop all criminals, at least it would get them off the streets so they could not shoot honest citizens like what happened at the Short Hills Mall.  Why do they only talk about Sandy Hook not Short Hills?  Is it because their current gun laws only stop law abiding citizens from legally carrying concealed guns while allowing criminals to do so with almost total impunity?

Any honest person that looks at facts, not emotions, would see that those in the Trenton State House are dead wrong on this issue.

NJ State Senate Email Addresses

When the people elect statist, progressives pastries and RINOs twinkies, they can't have their cake and eat it, too.   I hate to say it, but the people of NJ get what they deserve... Bon Appetite, especially to the apathetic gun owners, for not getting out and voting at the last election.    However, it is time for action, especially for those that let the rest of us down.

• Like 1

Well said Howard and it’s not over yet! For the pessimist that thinks it is over for us go fourth and multiply.  Keep those faxes, social media, emails and calls going. You could bet it will be rammed thru on party lines and if the Gov sees no resistance from us then he should side with the Dems and sign it into law. So for the rest of you save the CC Rino shit and get your azz in gear and spend a little less time on the forum with the naysayer postings because honestly it’s pathetic. So get off your azz and make your protest known.  Again, very nice job Howard!

• Like 1

Any fool can make a rule and every fool will follow it, Mark Twain I believe, anyway maybe all our efforts are misdirected, lets convince LEOs to do the right thing and step up and say they wont carry out these laws against our constitution. We know what doesnt work, lets try something new.

May want to consider replacing Lanza with the VA Tech example since the VA committee appointed to study that incident said that a 10 round magazine restriction would not have made a difference.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/66976-govt-panel-on-va-tech-shooting-10-round-restriction-would-have-made-no-difference/

May want to consider replacing Lanza with the VA Tech example since the VA committee appointed to study that incident said that a 10 round magazine restriction would not have made a difference.

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/66976-govt-panel-on-va-tech-shooting-10-round-restriction-would-have-made-no-difference/

Cho used nothing BUT 10 round magazines at Va Tech

I just called Conners, but I've talked with him before and I know he will vote against it.

Both my assembly voted against it - both Reps. Grove and Rumpf.

I live in a fantastic part on NJ, wish we could succeed from the rest of the dump! :-)

My reps voted against it. Alison McHose and Parker Space.  They are solidly with us (pro2A). So is my State Senator, Steven Oroho. 

They took the bill off the agenda for Monday with no real reason given.

For those interested in ANJRPC email today ---- http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/67613-s993-reduces-maximum-capacity-of-ammunition-magazines-to-10-rounds/

They took the bill off the agenda for Monday with no real reason given.

I wonder if, perhaps, they're putting it on hold until A2006 is resolved, one way or another. If CC vetoes A2006, they can send S993 right through.

The problem here is that Howard has the facts here. But i didn't hear one single Assemblyman use those against Greenwald. Our side just just tries to say "it won't make a difference". I have never heard anyone mention 30 rounds mags, I didn't hear anyone mention he tactical reloaded. We know all the facts it just never makes it to the Senate floor

It's sad, it's sad that Greenwald was more prepared and sounded more convincing than the Assemblymen cross examining him.

In a previous thread i asked what more can I do if my reps are already on our side. Now what I think I need to do is not just be happy about that but to make sure they can do a better job promoting our side. Yes I applaud the three reps who challenged Greewald but they were clearly not coached as well as Greenwald

(I know this is where ten replies come back it wouldn't have made a difference at the vote but for crying out loud if even one rep read Howard's letter above on the floor it would be better. C'mon.

So my suggestion for a mission would be to not just call your reps and say "I want you to count me as against". I want to know who on our side will be standing up to speak? This is the guy I wan to talk to to not just say "thanks man" I want to ask him "what do you plan on saying?"

I wonder if, perhaps, they're putting it on hold until A2006 is resolved, one way or another. If CC vetoes A2006, they can send S993 right through.

Time to go back to civics class - sorry I just could not resist.  The law making process does not work that way.  The assembly must pass a bill and then the senate, they are then merged and sent to the governor for signature or veto.  Thus, one is worthless without the other.

I just called Conners, but I've talked with him before and I know he will vote against it.

I live in a fantastic part on NJ, wish we could succeed from the rest of the dump! :-)

McHose and Space in my district not only voted against it, they got up on the floor to speak against it.  I know Oroho is on board in the senate.

I'm with ya brother, lets blow this popsicle stand.

Folks for what it is worth do not letup on contacting NJ's Senators and CC's office (but please contact CC's office in a respectful manner).  The mere fact that S993 was removed from the hearing makes me smell a rat.  It's extremely important that we continue our pressure until the end not matter what the outcome.

Time to go back to civics class - sorry I just could not resist.  The law making process does not work that way.  The assembly must pass a bill and then the senate, they are then merged and sent to the governor for signature or veto.  Thus, one is worthless without the other.

I would not put it past the current legislature to find ways to make it "work that way" if they wanted to. Even if they can't do so, there's nothing to stop them (that I know of) from re-introducing the bill (or something like it with the same effect) right after it's vetoed. At least, once a year if not more often.

So what's the difference?  :dontknow:

I don't know if it helped, but let's hope so.  As one of the other posters said PLEASE be respectful in anything you write to the governor.  We need his help, and the last thing we want to do is piss him off.  Give him the facts and state our case, but do it nicely.  Thanks

Might be dumb question but, what would you be better off doing, calling Christie or emailing him? I feel both will be someone else listening or reading and mentioning it to him. I want to call tomorrow or write tomorrow about it all.

Might be dumb question but, what would you be better off doing, calling Christie or emailing him? I feel both will be someone else listening or reading and mentioning it to him. I want to call tomorrow or write tomorrow about it all.

The most effective means of communication is a hand written letter (legible of course) mailed by the good old USPS. Phone calls and email only exist in the ether - a letter is tangible and cannot be ignored. I was taught this lesson by my father who worked for local goverrnment on the UK. Phoned in complaints were, only at the very best counted, never logged and never acted upon.

Send a letter taped to a box of donuts it will go a long way.

It's sad, it's sad that Greenwald was more prepared and sounded more convincing

I'm saddened by the fact that I don't know if he should receive a grammy for acting like he believes the BS he's spouting or if he should be institutionalized for actually believing the BS he's spouting

PS 1

Once again I'm going to ask that we try and show Chris Christie some respect when hoping that he will keep the lions back, nothing to do with your post Barms

PS 2

Mr. Stu

A hand written letter is certainly better, but we really don't have time for snail mail

Thanks for their email addresses. I wrote them last night.

S.

PS: Is anyone concerned of us being put "on a list" by writing these people? They obviously know we a pro-gun and most likely gun owners. I just wonder if they have us in a database now.

Thanks for their email addresses. I wrote them last night.

S.

PS: Is anyone concerned of us being put "on a list" by writing these people? They obviously know we a pro-gun and most likely gun owners. I just wonder if they have us in a database now.

You are already on this list.  You have an FID card right?  The NSA has monitored that you posted here and knows your IP address.  And the Tin Foil in your attic has a hole in it :)

Take some of us with you when you secceed.

Maybe like NY and CO we need only get the cities to separate from the rest of us.

I said it in another thread, and I was dead serious. We should talk secession. There is a large block of primarily republican counties that abut PA and that have nothing in common with NJ's liberal urban areas. I say let us all part friends and go our ways.

Would it ever really happen? I doubt it. But I would love to send the message to Trenton that Sussex, Morris, Warren, Somerset and maybe Hunterdon are ready to pop smoke. It is happening in California:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/25/another-california-county-votes-to-secede-from-state/

Per Wikipedia, South Jersey once had an interest in bailing:

Statehood movement[edit]

Albert Freeman, a Mount Holly newspaper publisher and editor,[35] wrote an editorial calling for secession. Freeman had originally meant the proposal as a joke, but the idea gained momentum. On April 23, 1980, the town council of Egg Harbor voted to support the creation of a new state of South Jersey.[36] The statehood movement was an attempt to gain the attention of state lawmakers, centering on issues such as the construction of the Meadowlands Complex in the north while the State refused to support the Garden State Park Racetrack in the south.[37] A non-binding referendum was presented to six counties on Election Day in 1980 (with the exclusion of Camden and Gloucester counties). 51 percent of voters declared that they wanted to secede and establish a new state; Ocean was the only southern county (of 6 that had the question on ballots) to defeat the referendum.[38]

Why would any rational person want to be associated with the financial cesspit that NJ is? Let's get out.

I said it in another thread, and I was dead serious. We should talk secession. There is a large block of primarily republican counties that abut PA and that have nothing in common with NJ's liberal urban areas. I say let us all part friends and go our ways.

Would it ever really happen? I doubt it. But I would love to send the message to Trenton that Sussex, Morris, Warren, Somerset and maybe Hunterdon are ready to pop smoke. It is happening in California:

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2013/09/25/another-california-county-votes-to-secede-from-state/

Per Wikipedia, South Jersey once had an interest in bailing:

Statehood movement[edit]

Albert Freeman, a Mount Holly newspaper publisher and editor,[35] wrote an editorial calling for secession. Freeman had originally meant the proposal as a joke, but the idea gained momentum. On April 23, 1980, the town council of Egg Harbor voted to support the creation of a new state of South Jersey.[36] The statehood movement was an attempt to gain the attention of state lawmakers, centering on issues such as the construction of the Meadowlands Complex in the north while the State refused to support the Garden State Park Racetrack in the south.[37] A non-binding referendum was presented to six counties on Election Day in 1980 (with the exclusion of Camden and Gloucester counties). 51 percent of voters declared that they wanted to secede and establish a new state; Ocean was the only southern county (of 6 that had the question on ballots) to defeat the referendum.[38]

Why would any rational person want to be associated with the financial cesspit that NJ is? Let's get out.

The problem with secession is, I think, those counties that abut PA are from where much of the tax revenue derives. They're no way on Earth they'll allow them to secede. They'd lose too many $$$... :facepalm: