Howard

My Rant of the day on mag limits bill A2006/S993

How is it that the NJ Government can make laws without a grandfather clause or compensation?

Sent from an undisclosed location.

I threw them into the ocean off my boat.  I didn't need to wait for the next storm...

Roy Rogers where the heck is there still a Roy Rogers? I haven't seen one of them since around 1989 when it was near Willowbrook mall

I believe most southbound NJ Turnpike Service Areas still offer a Roy Rogers. The northbound side is almost all Burger King.

The purpose of all these bills is to make gun ownership so unpleasant and distasteful that some people will say I just don't want deal with it and give up their guns.   Those who keep 15 rounders and are caught will have a criminal record and will lose their guns.... eventually this will be the way to disarm the populace, make laws that are difficult or impossible to obey and then once the law-abiding citizens are made criminals they'll be disarmed and no threat to our masters. It'll take time, but the end result will be a disarmed populace.  Once the 10 round magazine the law is passed, it'll be easy enough to justify a search since the police will have records of handguns that come with greater than 10 round magazines as standard and they'll find a gun hating judge to say that there is probable cause that a criminal activity is occurring by you possessing those magazines.  Several arrests, and then all of the greater than 10 round magazines will be discarded, buried or destroyed.

I don't know if a judge would issue a search warrant based on a P2P record.  More realistically what would happen is the folks that would get caught would be:

1. Those that have no idea what is going on and travel to and from the range with 15 round magazines once the capacity is lowered to ten rounds.

2. Those caught in the middle of a domestic dispute whereby a spouse calls the police stating that the other spouse acted in a threatening way and upon removal of the spouses firearms the police find 15 round magazines.

3. Couple in a messy divorce where by (usually the wife) makes accusations about the husband stating that he threatened her and the cops find 15 round magazines while removing his firearms.

4. Couples locked in a nasty custody battle.

5. Neighbors that don't like you and know you own firearms calling the cops on you stating that you threatened them.

I don't know if a judge would issue a search warrant based on a P2P record.  More realistically what would happen is the folks that would get caught would be:

1. Those that have no idea what is going on and travel to and from the range with 15 round magazines once the capacity is lowered to ten rounds.

2. Those caught in the middle of a domestic dispute whereby a spouse calls the police stating that the other spouse acted in a threatening way and upon removal of the spouses firearms the police find 15 round magazines.

3. Couple in a messy divorce where by (usually the wife) makes accusations about the husband stating that he threatened her and the cops find 15 round magazines while removing his firearms.

5. Neighbors that don't like you and know you own firearms calling the cops on you stating that you threatened them.

Precisely.  :mad:  And I know one of my nosy neighbors who would do just that.  It's why I don't tell my neighbors about this.

man knows....#2 has happened to 2 close friends one...oh yea, the man was ordered out too...today, get married, you give up your rights as a human bean for due-process.

Precisely.  :mad:  And I know one of my nosy neighbors who would do just that.  It's why I don't tell my neighbors about this.

This is why I don't talk to my neighbors, I don't live next to them to be friends. As a matter of fact the less I talk to them or see them the better.  It's simply good morning or good evening. Other than that zip...

man knows....#2 has happened to 2 close friends one...oh yea, the man was ordered out too...today, get married, you give up your rights as a human bean for due-process.

Number two happens very often. A friend of mine wisely got rid of all his hunting rifles while he was in the divorce process. His wife pulled the number two on him and said he threatened her with a rifle. When the cops showed up they demanded the firearms as she claimed he had just threatened her with a rifle before they arrived. Imagine her surprise when he produced documents that he had sold his rifles three weeks prior to her call and there was no rifle in the house while she claimed he had pointed it at her.

This is why I don't talk to my neighbors, I don't live next to them to be friends. As a matter of fact the less I talk to them or see them the better.  It's simply good morning or good evening. Other than that zip...

I am the same way, just quick " Hi " and go about my day.

Number two happens very often. A friend of mine wisely got rid of all his hunting rifles while he was in the divorce process. His wife pulled the number two on him and said he threatened her with a rifle. When the cops showed up they demanded the firearms as she claimed he had just threatened her with a rifle before they arrived. Imagine her surprise when he produced documents that he had sold his rifles three weeks prior to her call and there was no rifle in the house while she claimed he had pointed it at her.

I hope she was charged with filing a false report or lying to the police.

Wow, were the folks at NJ 101.5 drinking or smoking something?

Seems that Dominski has shot before and although not a gun owner, says he supports 2a, and Doyle who is not a gun owner, also supports the right to bear arms. Both guys typically make a lot of sense and this makes me more a fan of them now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

amazing...they are well "trained" and know what they are doing...As the saying goes: protect your selves at all times. --Keep the nany cam on you 24x7 as your only defense.

My understanding that ban happy side did some research because they keep saying how 10 round saved lives again and again etc. Did anybody see that research? Is there any truth to it?

I keep asking them for the research and I never hear back from Weinberg and company.  Of course I know they made this up, that's why I keep badgering them about it.

From a previous post:

I've looked at this subject quite a bit. There have been two incidents were a shooter was taken down during a reload.

A. 1993 Collin Ferguson on the L.I.R.R.

Ferguson was tackled by passengers on the train after firing 30 rounds (2 magazines). He was walking down the length of the train and shooting slowly. No one tried to stop him after the first magazine.

B. 1998 Kip Kinkel, Thurston High School (Springfield, OR)

Kinkel (15 yrs old), went to his school with a Ruger 10/22, 50 rounds (killed 2 people*). Tackled by a student as he was trying to reload the rifle*.

The gungrabbers like to point to the 2011 Tuscon Shooting, but the loon in that incident was actually clearing a malfuntion and fumbled the 33 rounder* he was using in his G19 when he got taken down.

*As an aside, while Kinkel was being taken down by a kid he'd already shot, he dropped the 10/22 and pulled out a Glock 19, shooting 2 more students. The Tuscon shooting would probably also have been worse, had Loughner stuck with factory 15 round mags and/or had a back-up gun.

Take aways for you guys who carry (cops in NJ, other citizens out-of-state):

Caliber over capacity.

High quality mags always.

A BUG is sometimes more better than bringing your first gun back into the fight.

I keep asking them for the research and I never hear back from Weinberg and company. Of course I know they made this up, that's why I keep badgering them about it.

Whether fact or not, the Newtown families preach it, so then it is treated as Gospel.

Did anyone else notice that there is a gun ban language included in this bill, some are saying that it will ban ARs under the radar any insight to this from anyone? Is that AWB language in all the bills? I also noticed that they kept fixed mags at 15 rounds.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The AWB language was always there. What this bill does is modify the existing statute to:

A. Reduce max capacity from 15 to 10

B. Exclude tube fed .22lr rifles

C. Exempt retired LEOs from the handgun magazine limit (though still only allowed 15) and active LEOs from mag limits on any semi auto firearm (though only up to 15 off duty).

This link shows the changes in green. Everything else is already the law.

http://legiscan.com/NJ/text/S993/2014

I just spoke to my Senator and he stated that there is no support for a grandfather bill on the magazines already legally owned. Even though three Senators on the Law and Public Safety Committee voice concern about this matter. This is politics at its worst.

I just spoke to my Senator and he stated that there is no support for a grandfather bill on the magazines already legally owned. Even though three Senators on the Law and Public Safety Committee voice concern about this matter. This is politics at its worst.

Fn BS. Still, maybe that will make CC more likely to veto.