Howard

My Rant of the day on mag limits bill A2006/S993

Time to definitely start thinking National politicians for sure. That father of one of shot kids is going to fight for abolishment of all semi autos for civilians at national level

Just one guy's worthless prediction but I think Christie will veto the magazine bill for the same reasons he vetoed the .50 cal ban.

As a political animal his primary objective is to avoid getting caught in the gun control debate which would be a lose/lose for him.  He wants to avoid angering constituencies on either side of the issue.  He was able to slip out of the .50 ban by saying he's in favor of "reasonable restrictions" but that this particular bill was problematic because of overreaching on the details and extent of the ban. 

I think that without grandfathering or compensation for existing mags, bans on rifles like the Henry, etc. he gets the same type of out.   He gets to avoid taking a real position by saying he would "consider" something reasonable but that this particular bill just goes too far.

Just a guess, in the end who knows how his political calculation will be made.  That said, if the magazine bill fails this year it will just keep coming back until it passes. 

Forget gun control debate, he got caught in bigger debate of Republican / Conservative the moment he compromised to reappoint NJ Supreme Court Judge.  The immediate impact of that move was denial of Pantano case.  CC may veto mag ban to "look like" he is helping 2A proponents, but he all but sealed fate of NJ 2A rights for next 30 years at the least with that reappointment.

When is the deadline for Christie to decide

45 days after it reaches(reached) his desk, this past Thrs.  If he takes no action, it becomes law, then. He can either veto outright, or "conditionally" veto.

...... if the magazine bill fails this year it will just keep coming back until it passes.

Unfortunately, you are 100% right.

Unless we do something about it, and stop being on the defensive all the time, we are slowly going to lose all of our rights.

DC Sportsmen,

I think one idea is to get both parties together through local groups & clubs. This will lead to more hunters becoming interested in person defense and target shooting sports. In it will also provide exposure for others to join in and become interested in hunting. Overall this idea I feel will build friendships and further unite the gun community overall.

Unless we do something about it, and stop being on the defensive all the time, we are slowly going to lose all of our rights.

if you go on the offensive, you get castigated as a idiot, moron, shithead, and all the other vitriol being hurled at OCT groups by "pro-gun" owners.

if you go on the offensive, you get castigated as a idiot, moron, shithead, and all the other vitriol being hurled at OCT groups by "pro-gun" owners.

Guess what? Unfortunately, you are 100% right as well.

Most of us resigned to fact that NJ is a lost cause. NRA is resigned to that same conclusion. So that leaves us with either Federal laws, NJ cases winning at SCOTUS or Some other cases winning at SCOTUS.  Winning cases at SCOTUS takes years, then NJ throws a wrench, back to courts and more years. By the time we really get something, most of us will be turning in our graves.

Here is what bothers. With all due respect, when is the last time Republicans advanced 2A rights at the Federal level ?   Last administration could get Patriot Act passed but not a national concealed carry ?

Just venting...

Which is why Martinez wants all semi autos banned for civilians.

And if you just asked yourself "who is Martinez?" You better spend more time reading up on the issues than just reading this board

Who is martinez?

This guy is gonna make waves. He doesn't care to be a target. He is a lawyer, and he grew up around guns. He knows the lingo.

Our only hope is his idea of "reasonable laws" is about background checks and not hardware. But he has already gone on record saying semi autos have no place in civilian hands.

Let me say for the 50th time we need to focus on November elections.

As the owner of a gun store I can say ive heard this numerous times.. Hunters need to help out as well because as of now they are not concerned with the mag law.. They soon will be..

That's not true, at our last monthly Sussex county federation meeting the main topic of discussion was this issue, with a lot of emotion coming from everyone. We also had representatives testify at the hearings. Could we have more Hunter support? Yes we can, but those in the know are just as outraged as every non hunting gun owner.

The Surrender is strong in this thread. Don't try to surrender on behalf of America, we are already concerned about you.

I know its pathetic but rest assured not all have given up. The reality is we need to continue contacting the Governor’s office and letting them know we are opposed to the bill. The DEMS don’t give a sh*t about  the folks in CT or us for that matter but they got exactly what they wanted. Anyone with a pulse knows all was is to box-in the Governor. Their thinking is it’s a Win/Win for their side no matter how this plays out...  Keep the faith Ladies and Gentleman, keep calling the Gov and let them know you are still opposed to this bill 

Hello, any updates? Seems time is running out and I'm getting a little worried. Also don't think it matters calling the gov office they seem uninterested and doubt they pass on any information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i think there are still quite a few days left for him to sit on the bill. he is busyvtaking boardwalk selfies with randoms and hand shaking on the jersey shore