Howard

My Rant of the day on mag limits bill A2006/S993

Hello, any updates? Seems time is running out and I'm getting a little worried. Also don't think it matters calling the gov office they seem uninterested and doubt they pass on any information

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Christie is going to let it slip into law.  He is so screwed up right now with blown budgets, pension prpblems, and investigations he needs to bend over for the Dems.  

I guarantee he has promised not to veto it for some further consideration down the road.  Christie's aadministrationis falling apart, dont underestimate the desperation of a down on his luck politician. 

--------------------------------------

P.S.

ogfarmer -

Your sig is wrong, here is the right one:

“Nothin' more useless than an unloaded gun. ”

― Tony Soprano

--------------------------------------

P.S.

ogfarmer -

Your sig is wrong, here is the right one:

“Nothin' more useless than an unloaded gun. ”

― Tony Soprano

thanks, I got it from a movie quote site, guess they were wrong.

Christie is going to let it slip into law.  He is so screwed up right now with blown budgets, pension prpblems, and investigations he needs to bend over for the Dems.  

I guarantee he has promised not to veto it for some further consideration down the road.  Christie's aadministrationis falling apart, dont underestimate the desperation of a down on his luck politician. 

Time will tell but I respectfully disagree.  I don’t think he will let anything “slip into law” just not his style.  Compared to the Benghazi, IRS, NSA, VA Hospital and the ATF's Fast and Furious gun program scandals the "NJ BridgeGate" scandal is a joke.  The reason Obama traded Bergdahl for the five terrorists was to get the VA Hospital scandal off the front page. As far as the NJ Pension fund let’s be clear, Whitman was the one who single-handedly torpedoed the fund and Corzine and McGreedy only compounded the matter.

I sure hope you are right.

Not sure what Obama or Whitman has to do with it now, I actually voted for Christy, twice. 

His Ego and big mouth painted himself into a corner.  He passed a law that made it mandatory to have to make the payments as part of his 2011 pension reforms he was so proud of.  He simply cant not make the payments now, he said so himself.   He blew all his budget projections and now looks like a fool.

he is gonna veto it...100% but the longer he waits, the worse it looks nationally for his future 

I agree. He's got nothing to gain by letting it pass. It's amazing how all the corrupt BS and usurpation of power done by this administration  and you hear nothing on the news about it. The media is MAKING and controlling the news. Sickening and treasonous...

I agree. He's got nothing to gain by letting it pass. It's amazing how all the corrupt BS and usurpation of power done by this administration  and you hear nothing on the news about it. The media is MAKING and controlling the news. Sickening and treasonous...

I agree in re: your thoughts about the MSM. Unfortunately, I think the pressure they (MSM) are bringing to bear in re: all these shootings might be just what causes him to sign it into law, or let it lapse into law. Look at this Huffington Post Article that sums up all the shootings since Newtown (which Yahoo just trended to the top). I'm sure the MSM will keep reporting even the slightest incident to keep the pressure up.

If CC vetoes it, they'll be all over him in the media, especially, in light of these recent shootings. Can he survive that and be viable? Even if he retains strong GOP support, will he manage to gain enough "sheeples/undecideds" (the one's the MSM is targetting) to take the nomination, let alone the election?  Trust me, I want him to veto badly, because I think it's a stupid law, and it won't help curtail these violent crimes (assuming, of course that's why they're pushing it... I'm thinking something different...). But these recent shooting incidents make it a much more difficult decision for him.

Hope this is welcome here, my first post on these forums - this is what I sent to the governor's office. Sounds like a broken record, but it's hard to find things that have not been said a thousand times already:

Honorable Governor Christie,

The legislation that has found its way to your desk - bill A2006/S993 to further limit of magazine and gun ban, will not make the citizens of New Jersey safer. A2777 will remove the jury's ability to decide whether the deviation in transporting a firearm is "reasonable" or not. These bills will only turn law abiding, voting, tax paying citizens into felons.

Years ago, it was written into the New Jersey code of criminal justice under 2C:39-1, that a 15 round magazine limit was sufficient. Beyond the current bill on your desk for a 10 round limit, there lies ahead title S.600 which is an act to decrease the limit to 5 rounds.

Why 10 rounds and why now? We have been told that this is a adequate amount to defend ourselves and our family in our homes. We have been told that a 10 round magazine would provide us precious seconds over a 15 round magazine for us citizens to "tackle" an active shooter to prevent further atrocity in the event of a shooting.

Beyond the oversights of these statements, there are some simple facts:

A criminal cares not for the contents of this bill - for that would contradict what they are. This is obviously not the consideration or reason behind this piece of legislation. How many rounds would a criminal want us to have to defend ourselves?

15 rounds, or 10 rounds, or 5 rounds - the difference a limit makes in the event of a mass shooting is negligible. When considering this with a mass shooting scenario in mind, do not forget the Virginia Tech shootings of 2007. The perpetrator used 10 round magazines to murder 32 and wound 17 students.

In the case of the mentally disturbed individuals that perpetrate these horrific actions - why does this law resign us to such a reactive stance. Urged to "tackle" the crazed individual ... Why not take a proactive approach and turn these efforts towards mental health services and helping to prevent tragedies like this BEFORE they happen?

Whether it's one person or a dozen, it's still a TRAGEDY.

Who does this bill affect? It affects over 1 million law abiding New Jersey voters who would undergo a miraculous transformation into felons overnight. It affects New Jersey as a whole, whether the state would require that our property be seized and destroyed, or reimbursed - who will write this check?

Thank You

For whatever good it does I'll keep calling the office to voice my opposition

Stumbled on this interesting tid-bit in an old Dunkelberger article.  I wish there was better documentation of the source.

"Between 80 and 90 percent of the firearms used to commit crimes in New York City are initially purchased out-of-state, according to police."

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060923/NEWS/609230340

Stumbled on this interesting tid-bit in an old Dunkelberger article.  I wish there was better documentation of the source.

"Between 80 and 90 percent of the firearms used to commit crimes in New York City are initially purchased out-of-state, according to police."

http://www.poconorecord.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20060923/NEWS/609230340

That's why Nanny Bloomberg was sound adamant about trying to make purchasing firearms in other states ore difficult. ie: "close the guns show loophole."

Star Ledger keeps publishing letters and editorials pushing Christie to sign the Bills.  I have called and written my elected officials repeatedly.  Maybe I am off base but our advocacy groups seem to be very low key on this. Can't NJ2AS and NRA help more? Never was political but after following this it really makes you question the process in NJ. 

I will "vote" with the moving wagon and my tax dollars. Took a week off and worked started home shopping in Florida.   

I forgot the emails.  Justing venting.  Thanks for setting the record right.  I wish we could get some "fair-balance" in the Star Ledger.  Every night it is the same old story, "Governor needs to sign this  cause 10 round magazines saves lives".  

Star Ledger keeps publishing letters and editorials pushing Christie to sign the Bills.  I have called and written my elected officials repeatedly.  Maybe I am off base but our advocacy groups seem to be very low key on this. Can't NJ2AS and NRA help more? Never was political but after following this it really makes you question the process in NJ. 

I will "vote" with the moving wagon and my tax dollars. Took a week off and worked started home shopping in Florida.   

Historically the NRA has done little when it comes to NJ. 

Historically the NRA has done little when it comes to NJ. 

Historically if you mean after the Florio AWB,  then yes however prior to that the NRA were just as active here as anywhere else in the US. I think the breaking point for the NRA was when then Senate president Donald DiFrancesco refused to put the AWB vote up for an override vote.  The Assembly voted for the override and all Donny Boy had to do was put it to a vote but Florio must have got some dirt on him and the override vote died in the senate. At that point the NRA had to realize NJ is so corrupt they just bailed, I'm not happy about it but can’t say I blame them.   So in reality we could thank DiFrancesco for the AWB.

QFT - the Star Liberal just posted an article about how conservatives are causing all of the political divide in the country.

Of course they are. They are the ones covering everbody's elses nut and they're tired of it.

So in reality we could thank DiFrancesco for the AWB.

No sitting Senate President will call for a vote unless he is sure he will win.  I'm sure the back door was swung wide open on Florio's porch because he couldn't stand to lose either.  What oneor the other Senator says afterwards is speculation at best.  They all lie point blank.  So I'm not so sure DD lost it.  We have been unable to bring it to the table to get rid of it.  So whose fault is it really?

No sitting Senate President will call for a vote unless he is sure he will win.  I'm sure the back door was swung wide open on Florio's porch because he couldn't stand to lose either.  What oneor the other Senator says afterwards is speculation at best.  They all lie point blank.  So I'm not so sure DD lost it.  We have been unable to bring it to the table to get rid of it.  So whose fault is it really?

All Donny had to do was put it to a vote. The Assembly Speaker (at that time) Chuck Hatyaian did his part and all Donny had to do was the same. There was a lot of speculation at the time as to why he folded such as he was *thinking* about running for Governor but I still belive he and Florio made a deal. if you read the press Donny stated something “like” he didn’t wanted to be bullied by the NRA so that is why he killed the override. It was NOT the NRA that put him it power, it was the NJ voters who voted both the Assembly & Senate out then Florio on the next election.

Star Ledger keeps publishing letters and editorials pushing Christie to sign the Bills.  I have called and written my elected officials repeatedly.  Maybe I am off base but our advocacy groups seem to be very low key on this. Can't NJ2AS and NRA help more?

No. You have to do it your damn self. Go to all the gun ranges and small gun shops and have them hand out very simple fliers with phone, email, and fax. Ask them to ask their patrons to send something. Put one copy of the flier on the bulletin board (with pic of Christie) and take a pic, then send the pic to Christie so he knows people at gun shops and clubs are going to blame him or praise him.

You can do more in a day, a couple hours, a half hour, or fifteen minutes than NJ2AS and the NRA combined. I will not think any less of you if you only spend 15 minutes.

If you want bonus points give the shop/club owners a self addressed stamped letter saying this is important to them. Or leave a dozen for their patrons if you have the time and want to make a monetary donation to the cause.

But I'm OK with everybody here taking the 15 minutes. Also, followup with your friends at least once to see if they called, emailed, or mailed.

You will never see fair, from SL, North Jersey, Bergen Record.

Then contact papers from other states. And copy their Governors and DAs. I've been suggesting this for a year. Takes 5 minutes on a search engine and writing a SHORT email.

You had 19+ State DAs write Amicus Briefs to the US Supreme Court to take your NJ Carry Case. And you guys won't lift a finger to give them a chance to get some publicity out of commenting on your predicament and putting Christie on notice on the national stage?

I bet if your town flooded and you were on the roof God would send you 3 boats before you drowned.

Everybody do:

1. One thing to get a shop to spread the word. (give them the easy contact info)

2. One thing to get your friends to contact Christie and spread the word. (given them the easy contact info)

3. One thing to get one out of state DA, Governor, and newspaper potentially involved.

Do not make the perfect the enemy of the good. Write a simple message. I like Newtonian's. DO SOMETHING. If it makes you feel good you can reach out to more people. But you can hit the above 3 items in 30 minutes. a trip to the gun shop or club is definitely a plus but at a minimum please email them and inspire them.

I was told at a meeting of my gun club that one of our members friend works for Gov. Christie and the he is not going to veto the mag. bill. He has met with the Tea Party and Dems to get their support for his future employment by not vetoing the bill. I hope this is wrong but its the second time I have heard this.

I was told at a meeting of my gun club that one of our members friend works for Gov. Christie and the he is not going to veto the mag. bill. He has met with the Tea Party and Dems to get their support for his future employment by not vetoing the bill. I hope this is wrong but its the second time I have heard this.

If that's true, then I assume his "future employment" aspirations do not include a run for the White House.... because it would never happen. :mad: