Howard

My Rant of the day on mag limits bill A2006/S993

I was told at a meeting of my gun club that one of our members friend works for Gov. Christie and the he is not going to veto the mag. bill. He has met with the Tea Party and Dems to get their support for his future employment by not vetoing the bill. I hope this is wrong but its the second time I have heard this.

The fact that CC met with the Tea Party and Dems is a good one by itself but what’s even more astonishing is that CC would telegraph his intentions on pending legislation to one of his subordinates. As far as the employment comment I don't know what to make of that...

I was told at a meeting of my gun club that one of our members friend works for Gov. Christie and the he is not going to veto the mag. bill. He has met with the Tea Party and Dems to get their support for his future employment by not vetoing the bill. I hope this is wrong but its the second time I have heard this.

No offense, but every time I hear stuff like -  "My friend's barber's girlfriend's cleaning lady told me that .......",  I tend to be skeptical.

Not calling you a liar or anything, but how can you trust (and then repeat) such dubious information?

Another week and still nothing .

I'm thinking we won't hear anything until just prior to the 45-day expiration... probably the 4th of July weekend, while the legislature is on holiday. The 45 day period expires on 07/06/2014. If he doesn't veto by then, it becomes law, automatically.

mmmhmmm, another low post count anti troll. Nobody is that stupid as to believe Gov Christie mwt with t he Dems & Tea party. How does that even make any kind of sense? may as well say he met with space aliens

So frustrating.  Never been political and contacted a politician until this started.  Have written and called my those in office including Christie since this mess began repeatedly.  My best friend is a hunter and I can't get him to do either.  I know of folks like that too.  

As far as I know EVERY Republican voted against S993/A2006. It would be really odd to go against the Republican Assembly and Senate members by allowing this to stand.

Look at the bills last year. I think the republicans in the legislature voted against them all. Christie vetoed the worst if them but signed a few. In this case I'm hoping since it's only one bill that he will align with his fellow repubs and veto.

So frustrating.  Never been political and contacted a politician until this started.  Have written and called my those in office including Christie since this mess began repeatedly.  My best friend is a hunter and I can't get him to do either.  I know of folks like that too.  

Tell you best "friend" to get ready to take up fishing.

Gah, I wouldn't wish that on an enemy. Silly-assed game.

Just punishment for not helping to fight for the issues at hand. Too many gun owners are silent when the time to speak is present. Ok maybe golf is a bit harsh. Hope I misses a monster buck of a lifetime this fall!

I wrote another letter to Christie.  Never wrote politicians before this mess.  However, last year when I saw how the vote was stopped by Sweeney for his gun control package in committee when it was losing and shopped to one where "the fix was in" it really got to me. After living in Hudson county for 9 years and seeing politicians get reelected who were in jail, I realized NJ politics was hardcore but this violation of the NJ constitution by Sweeney had no consequences.  We have some really good folks in office. My local officials Kip Bateman, Jack Ciaterelli and many others are really great.  However Sweeney and Loretta Weinberg and cronies need to go.  Deja vu of Boss Tweed and Tammeny Hall NY politics. 

I'm thinking he's going to allow it to become law, check the new's from Colorado to understand why

I don't agree.  Colorado already had the 15 round limit in place. 

http://www.newsweek.com/federal-judge-upholds-colorado-gun-laws-dismisses-lawsuit-256431

Time will tell.  But not to veto the bill will be a slap in the face to all the republicans (even one of them) in the state legislature that voted against it. If he does let it pass he will lose support of the entire republican state party.   He might as well file to become a democrat then cause he will be done.

Time will tell.  But not to veto the bill will be a slap in the face to all the republicans (even one of them) in the state legislature that voted against it. If he does let it pass he will lose support of the entire republican state party.   He might as well file to become a democrat then cause he will be done.

And he'd certainly lose any republican support for a national election.  :mad:

I'm not sure how he thinks he could ever be elected. Democrats outside NJ won't vote for him because he's a Republican and Republicans won't vote for him because he's essentially a Democrat.

The republicans might vote for him if he gets the GOP nomination and his DEM opponent is even worse than he....   Very often it is a "lesser of two evils" choice... :(

And he'd certainly lose any republican support for a national election.  :mad:

He wouldn't have a chance anyway. No Republican has a chance at getting elected president. Anybody that runs is trying to get something from somebody other than the actual office.

I'm not sure how he thinks he could ever be elected. Democrats outside NJ won't vote for him because he's a Republican and Republicans won't vote for him because he's essentially a Democrat.

Maybe they'll change the format to a pie-eating contest.

Re-visiting this thread reminded me of that Sweeney vote-interruption and how NOTHING HAPPENED.  

I'd forgotten about it for a while because it just went away.  This state needs a reboot.

I'm not sure how he thinks he could ever be elected.

Like many if not most politicians, he has an ego the size of a small planet.

If Hillary has a stumble, fall, faint or seizure on camera, the 2016 nominating process -- on both sides --  is going to look like feeding time at the piranha tank. Don't count Christie out in an environment like that, he's a very talented politician.