Howard

My Rant of the day on mag limits bill A2006/S993

I am new to your forum.  I think of myself as a hunter/farmer.  I live on a wildlife management area.  I raise pheasant and ducks.  Anyway I believe pictures say a thousand words.  If they are going to show "ugly" guns as "assault rifles" then I think we must inform the public what they are classifying as "assault Rifles"  Please look at my

www.thefathersword.com/njSENATENo993.jpg

S993

w.  *Assault firearm" means:

(4) A semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 10 rounds.

y.  "Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube, or other container which is capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm.

This makes VERMIT GUNS "ASSAULT FIREARMS".

WE NEED to take the offensive and post so the public can see it stating LOOK WHAT ASSEMBLYMAN **** says is an "ASSAULT FIREARM"

I am new to your forum. I think of myself as a hunter/farmer. I live on a wildlife management area. I raise pheasant and ducks. Anyway I believe pictures say a thousand words. If they are going to show "ugly" guns as "assault rifles" then I think we must inform the public what they are classifying as "assault Rifles" Please look at my

www.thefathersword.com/njSENATENo993.jpg

S993

w. *Assault firearm" means:

(4) A semi-automatic rifle with a fixed magazine capacity exceeding 10 rounds.

y. "Large capacity ammunition magazine" means a box, drum, tube, or other container which is capable of holding more than 10 rounds of ammunition to be fed continuously and directly therefrom into a semi-automatic firearm.

This makes VERMIT GUNS "ASSAULT FIREARMS".

WE NEED to take the offensive and post so the public can see it stating LOOK WHAT ASSEMBLYMAN **** says is an "ASSAULT FIREARM"

You're exactly right!! And BB guns that hold more than 10 rounds will be banned as well ...can you believe that??? So if you could help us out by garnering as much support from your circle of hunting buddies that would be awesome. The more of them you can get this message to (and the quicker you can do it) and the more of them you can get to also share this message the better our hopes of thwarting off this most recent attack on our 2nd amendment. Too many hunters are unconcerned with this saying stuff like "my shotgun doesn't even hold 10 rounds so why do you need that many?" and they are going to be floored when they find out their 22's and bb/pellet guns are now banned as well. We really need each and every gun owner and supporter in the state to come out against this magazine ban.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over 16 injured from a pistol that holds less than 15 rounds. Why didn't anybody tackle him on the reloads? We all know the reason why.

I really hope when someone stands up to talk about the bill on the Senste floor vote they bring this up. This destroys Greenwalds entire reason for the ten round limit.

A2006 has been amended to exempt .22 rifles with tubular magazines. S993 would likely be amended to match. Cannot paste the link here for some reason (if you can tell me why not I will).

The amendments mean nothing read ANJRPC press release regarding it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Anybody who lives in a district where your Senator will vote yes to this bill please ask them why they think nobody tried to tackle the Fort Hood shooter while he was reloading?

And better yet still....the people in the area were mlitary personnel!!! And they didn't tackle him. This makes my blood boil about Greenwalds entire premise for smaller magazines.

The tackle will never happen.

Response from Senator Joe Pennacchio, District 26

Dear xxx:

Thank you for your e-mail regarding S-993, legislation which would reduce the maximum capacity of ammunition magazines from 15 to 10 rounds. As you may already know, I am a supporter of the Constitution of the United States of America in its entirety. That includes the Second Amendment, which is part of the Bill of Rights. Therefore, I plan to vote against this legislation.

This bill has passed in the Assembly, however, on January 27, 2014, S-993 was referred to the Senate Law & Public Safety Committee. I am not a member of this committee you may wish to write to the chair to voice your concerns. His address is as follows:

The Honorable Donald Norcross

District 5

Audubon Commons Shopping Center

130 Blackhorse Pike, 1st Flr., Suite D-3

Audubon, New Jersey 08106

[email protected]

The amendments mean nothing read ANJRPC press release regarding it

I did - reprinted below in part:

PHONY "AMENDMENTS" DO NOT ELIMINATE GUN BAN

Last week, the Assembly Law and Public Safety Committee passed unilateral "amendments" to A2006, supposedly to eliminate the bill's "unintended" ban on dozens of popular firearms.  The amendments were moved without any prior review or input from Second Amendment leaders

Unfortunately, those clueless enough to unwittingly build a gun ban into their magazine ban are even more clueless about how to fix the problem.  Our legal experts have carefully reviewed the amendments, and conclude that the "fix" fixes nothing - it just twists the tangled web of New Jersey gun law even more.  It has no impact on the legislation's ban on dozens of popular rifles - they are all still banned.

Do not be fooled by false claims that the amendments eliminate the gun ban - they assuredly do NOT.  They are crafted with an astonishing lack of insight into firearms, ammunition, and New Jersey gun law in general, and further muddy already turbid waters.   The gun ban within this legislation remains 100% intact, even as amended.

If the amendments had been effective, we would have been the first to publicly acknowledge it, as we did on numerous pieces of legislation last year and the "defaced" firearms bill earlier this year.   We wish we could say that the voices of gun owners, hunters and sportsmen have been responded to on this issue, but we cannot. 

BOTTOM LINE: DO NOT BE MISLED BY CLAIMS THAT THE AMENDMENTS ELIMINATE THE GUN BAN - THEY DO NOT.

YOUR MASSIVE & SUSTAINED ACTION IS URGENTLY NEEDED!

A2006 has been amended to exempt .22 rifles with tubular magazines. S993 would likely be amended to match. Cannot paste the link here for some reason (if you can tell me why not I will).

I didn't know that ...I'm sure that is a strategic move aimed at lowering the potential turnout against the bill - not that they won't come after these guns if they ever succeed in taking away the handguns and higher caliber rifles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Over 16 injured from a pistol that holds less than 15 rounds. Why didn't anybody tackle him on the reloads? We all know the reason why.

I really hope when someone stands up to talk about the bill on the Senste floor vote they bring this up. This destroys Greenwalds entire reason for the ten round limit.

I am pretty sure the guy had a 7 round 1911. Unfortunately the Libs will flip this and say "see, only 3 were killed because of the limit of the magazine."

I am pretty sure the guy had a 7 round 1911. Unfortunately the Libs will flip this and say "see, only 3 were killed because of the limit of the magazine."

Been reported as a S&W .45, 10 rounder.

Response I received yesterday from Sen. Cardinale:

"Thank you for your recent letter regarding the Second Amendment.

Please be assured that I am well read on the subject and will not be swayed by the emotions of the moment when determining future public policy for New Jersey.

My voting record and sponsorship of bills over a legislative career approaching 35 years should assure you that I will vote responsibly.

Sincerely,

Senator Gerald Cardinale"

Got an official response from my letter to Christie.  Doesn't say much, but at least it was read.

##############

April 3, 2014

Dear xxx:

Thank you for writing to express your opposition to Assembly Bill No. 2006 (A2006) and Senate Bill No. 993 (S993), both of which would reduce maximum capacity of ammunition magazines to 10 rounds in New Jersey.  I appreciate learning your views on this matter. 

As you may know, Assembly Bill No. 2006 and Senate Bill No. 993 have been referred to the Senate Law and Public Safety Committee.  As such, you may wish to contact your legislative representatives to make them aware of your concerns.  If you are unsure of which legislative district you reside in or who your legislators are, you may obtain this information from the New Jersey State Legislative website: www.njleg.state.nj.us.  If either one of these bills passes both Houses of Legislature, I will be sure to take you views into consideration.  Thank you again for writing.

Best wishes.

Sincerely,

Chris Christie

Governor 

The bill will not make it to the full Senate. It is dead for now so as to not

allow Christie the bragging rights for the veto!

We get to keep our 15 round mags for another year or so.

Yay, can't wait for more of this next year!

The bill will not make it to the full Senate. It is dead for now so as to not

allow Christie the bragging rights for the veto!

We get to keep our 15 round mags for another year or so.

I'm not sure if I agree 100% with you JohnnyB. On one hand, yes your statement makes sense. ON the other hand why would they even move a bill out of committee that would possible give Christie bragging rights on the national stage? 

My take is that this had to do with money and nothing else.

When I hear the few details of the Flemington officer who shot himself, all I could think about was the insistence that police be exempt from a ban due to the training they receive.  I don't want THAT training!

http://www.northjersey.com/news/flemington-cop-who-accidentally-shot-self-to-return-to-job-1.1002331