Smoke Eater

AR Trouble.

Here is the before pic tomorrow ill do my best to do an after

You can make a rough parkerized finish look like that if you hit it up with something like remington dry lube, or the tail end of a bottle of clp that you haven't been shaking up sufficiently when using it. I've done the latter to a 590 I owned. Had a bottle of breakfree and hadn't been shaking it up thoroughly. Got a bit lump of the suspended teflon in the bottom. Then apparently shook it up enough to break up a good chunk while cleaning everything in the safe. The 590 got the worst of it and looked a lot liek that for several cleanings. 

The gasses in operation are in the tens of thousands of PSI range. So the airhose thing won't tell you much. I've had a leaky gas block, and 1) it didn't spread it so far (but got close), 2) didn't cover that uniformly around the barrel, and 3) Not only had the white color form the lead, but had a reddish brown and after a few days, some oxidized copper green to it. 

It looks like gas being blown back from the muzzle. Look closely at the the white residue. The forward edge (closest to the brake) has a harder edge and the rear section closest to the gas block is feathered out. That makes me think the gas was blowing in a rearward direction. Very similar to airbrushing in that direction. It may simply be excessive gas and powder residue blowing back from the muzzle. My 1911 has a similar pattern after a day at the range. 

Taking an even closer look. Unless it's a highlight from the camera flash, it appears you have residue on the inside of the brake. Look at the flat rim on the underside of where the bullet exits the cage. It looks like all the residue is coming out the muzzle. 

Just a best guess from your picture, but that's where I'd at least do some investigating. It could be that the design of the brake is directing too much gas against the barrel.

Its a battlecomp from bcm anyone else have this issue?

Actually, it's a BCM Gunfighter Compensator Mod 1. That comp is closed on the bottom. The discoloration looks completely uniform around the barrel. It doesn't look like it coming from either the gas block or the comp. It's likely just a combination of the finish on the barrel and your cleaning solution getting cooked off.

You say you've removed it. Have you fired it since then?