dtown223

Look what BS they're teaching our kids now

My son brought this garbage home with him from school, it's apparently being distributed by the "NJ bar foundation" as a supplement to teach children about the law.

I'm not even sure how to proceed, I'm so totally infuriated.

https://www.njsbf.org/images/content/1/1/11539/LegalEagleWinter2014.pdf

My son brought this garbage home with him from school, it's apparently being distributed by the "NJ bar foundation" as a supplement to teach children about the law. I'm not even sure how to proceed, I'm so totally infuriated. https://www.njsbf.org/images/content/1/1/11539/LegalEagleWinter2014.pdf

What grade is your son in?

enough with the machine guns already! :facepalm:  My kids are long gone out of schools so I dont know wtf they're preaching now, dont like what you showed thats for sure. Go raise your voice at a board of ed meeting. I wonder what other schools are distributing this crap, I'm in Brgn too.

We used to get these in the Scotch Plains-Fanwood school district. Back in the early 2000s, this publication was where I first learned about the filibuster.

I don't remember it being so slanted. Maybe I didn't notice because I was kid, or maybe it has gotten worse...I'm not sure. But that column is completely blatant propaganda.

I don't think most of today's 8th graders will bother to read that giant wall of text anyway.

They will if there is a graded test on it. Would you mind posting which district so I know where not to look for a house (I want to make sure it isn't my town as well).

I love the part about the muskets.  So basically what they are saying is citizens have the right to bear the exact same arms as the police and military - as that is what they had also. So, if they want to stick with that I think we should all be able to have fully automatic weapons. :)

Can't they be charged with talking about guns in school?

If it was me, I would send a copy to the Blaze and ask them to investigate this.

I love the part about the muskets. So basically what they are saying is citizens have the right to bear the exact same arms as the police and military - as that is what they had also. So, if they want to stick with that I think we should all be able to have fully automatic weapons. :)

Suppressed fully automatic short barrel rifles, machine pistols, and belt fed SAWs. It is our duty to be ready at a moment's notice.

Suppressed fully automatic short barrel rifles, machine pistols, and belt fed SAWs. It is our duty to be ready at a moment's notice.

I love the part about the muskets.  So basically what they are saying is citizens have the right to bear the exact same arms as the police and military - as that is what they had also. So, if they want to stick with that I think we should all be able to have fully automatic weapons. :)

Hear, hear! We can dream....... :)

Holy shit... 

Unbelievable, I would be there complaining to the principle and the board. What totally biased BS. 

I also loved the part about single shot muskets. So does that mean that they shouldn't be able to print this crap from a computer and should have to type set it? 

They will if there is a graded test on it. Would you mind posting which district so I know where not to look for a house (I want to make sure it isn't my town as well).

IIRC, we're neighbors

I'm in Dumont

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sadly Phyllis doesn't have a Facebook page so I can let her know what I think of her article.

I googled this broad

good move commissioning a children's author to pen an article on constitutional right.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This publication is provided free of charge (Goebbels would have been proud) and teachers simply sign up on the website for a free subscription.

Do not ignore this - it's time to shine a big light on this, last time I saw such an infestation they scattered away under the cabinetry when the light came on.

I wonder how many of you guys have kids, how old you are, and a hundred different other things about the demographics of this site.

I'm going to be 60 in about 11 weeks. I have three children, all of whom are smarter than me in an absolute sense. But they're all brainwashed by the education establishment in ways that would take me 10,000 words to describe. They're IQ-endowed, but intellectual cripples, in my opinion. That is the saddest realization I've ever had.

I know that when I die, they'll know their father was nutty. "Oh he was against (blah blah blah)." They will live in a dictatorship -- it's not too far away, and not even know it. Think: North Korea, in terms of the process of mind control. We'll be much better than that of course, but the process for getting everyone on board is identical. 

Schools don't teach shit. Nothing. Nada. A kid who grows up in the U.S. public school system knows about the same amount of important stuff as someone who sits at home watching TV. Even scientific education (I'm a chemist by training) has been watered down to the point of ridiculousness. My daughter is a 4.9 GP graduate of an elite public institution, math/Russian major. I still remember math that she can't even fathom, and my 40-year-old German is much better than her current Russian speaking ability.

As my nephew explained to me a few weeks ago, "The purpose of education is not to teach you things, but to teach you how to learn."

Haha. Epistemology? I didn't even broach the subject.

My response: "Then why don't you know anything? What have you taught yourself, through this process of teaching to learn (but not actually, learning a fukcing thing that's remotely valued by other humans)? Why are you incapable of assessing and addressing the critical questions about, for example, our esteemed Lawn Ornament Posing as Commander-in-Chief? Why do you accept so readily the "consensus" on global warming? Why are you so uncritical about anything unrelated to legislative action banning anal sex or the "marriage" of individuals who until recently hurled the insult 'BREEDER' at me?"

The last person who knew how to teach sentence diagramming retired about 10 years ago. The last history teacher who believed in instructing on the relevance of 1066, June 15 (my birthday, so I include the date) 1215, 1776, 1860/1865, 1913, 1914, about the Ukrainian famine of the late 1930s, etc. etc. etc., retired years ago or now is so brow-beaten by the P.C. teachers union that they don't care. 

I once asked my sister-in-law, a straight-A graduate of a prestigious English college, what happened in 1066. She replied,'I don't know and what the fukc does it matter?" Indeed.

Ask your kids the significance of any of those dates. Go ahead. Ask your kids who got accepted to Princeton on a "free ride" why those dates are important. You'll get blank stares.

We are creating a population of fukceng idiots. Individuals who might, perhaps, turn into reasonable facsimiles of adults, but only to the extent that they can -- maybe -- work at something and pay their bills.

That's what 98% of our children are. (Disclaimer: 100% of mine are). It's our fault. All the insanity in this state, all these frantic emails "Come to Trenton!!! Don't come to Trenton!!! Email your representative!!! THE SKY IS FALLING!!!" All of this bullshit is OUR FAULT. We let this happen by sitting on our fat asses and allowing barnyard animals like Swiney and Sweet Loretta, Crisp Crispy, and his heir-apparent the aforementioned Sweeney among the Nightingales, to take over our government. And as we've learned, some animals are more equal than other animals.

Your hearts are all in the right place but I fear we have all, and I mean myself too, 100%, through our complacency and lack of vigilance, created the mega-casket in which the body of the USA, those ideals we love to strut about at NJ legislative hearings, will be buried.

It will occur state by state, as the multi-national masters of Christie, Weinberg, Sweeney, etc., dictate. California's white population is now a minority. The same is about to happen in Texas. It soon will not matter what concerned constitutionalists on the plains of North Texas think, or how they vote. They are dying, and their children will be voting for "reason" and all that other stuff.

Glad I'm on my way out.