illy

Dan Wesson Revolvers coming back?

I've not shot a dan wesson before, looks like a nice heavy revolver. 

wonder if it will actually have a hammer mounted firing pin, like the smiths used to have before moving over to the internal frame mounted ones.

also curious to see if it'll have a lawyer lock !

They had a frame mounted firing pin in the originals, back in the 70's. I would assume no lock. The lock on the S&W's was a result of a deal that Smith (under former management) cut with the Clinton White House to prevent the product safety lawsuits, that ultimately got shut down via legislation - but we're stuck with them.

The action is very short and smooth. With all the fuss today about MIM, Dan Wesson was using sintered metal parts from their inception. And, yes, the cylinder release is in front of the cylinder on the crane - there is a locking point there. Harder for you guys that weak-hand load. We strong-handers can just hit it with the weak thumb while pushing out the cylinder.

Here's mine...

e892js.jpg

Interesting guns. I had a .375 Super Mag on order (with my 3-digit IHMSA number for a serial number) back in the 80's, but got tired of waiting and bought a Series 70 Gold Cup instead - which led me to IPSC.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

I bought my 715 in stainless when I was first stationed in Alaska back in 1985. I figured if the AK State Police chose a 357 with 125's it must be the right call. I had the trigger worked by an armorer on base and was on my side on the ground and in flight all most all the time. It still shoots incredibly well.