Howard

My Just say no to A2006 / S977 letter to the gov

Just say NO to A2006 / S993!!!

Governor, we need to do something to stop mass killings accomplished by mentally ill individuals who use high capacity weapons.  In recent years we have seen several incidents where hundreds have been killing by a single mentally ill individual.  Its time you do something to protect the public, it’s for the children you know!  In one episode a deranged man yelled "Allahu Akbar" and plunged his high capacity plane into the ocean killing all the passengers.  It may very likely turn out to be that one of the cockpit crew did the same thing with the missing Boeing 777.  On September 11, 2001 several of these crazies took these high-capacity airplanes and crash them into some of our buildings and they killed thousands.

Thus, I urge you once and for all to ban all high capacity airplanes in the State of New Jersey.  This would be the only responsible thing to do.  We can only trust high capacity airplanes in the hands of military pilots, we have to keep these dangerous mass killing devices out of the hands of private and commercial pilots.  We have seen too many of these mass killings and your urgent action is needed to ban all airplanes in the State that can hold more than 10 passengers.  I know there may have been previous talk about limiting airplane size to only 15 passengers, but that is an arbitrary number, and countless more children will be saved if you reduce the maximum capacity of airplanes to only ten.  Please your urgent action is needed today.  We can no longer trust pilots with larger crafts as several have used them to kill large numbers of people.

By the way, if you don’t agree with me on this you must be a racist, or a crazy extremist republican.  What?, you don’t think this is a good idea?  But it is the same idea used by the leftist extremists in the Trenton Statehouse to claim we need to reduce the maximum size of a “magazine-clip” to only 10 bullets.  (Please note I think they mean magazine to 10 cartridges).  I agree that reducing plane size is stupid, just as stupid as reducing magazine size for guns.  You need to be consistent Governor.  If you reduce one you must reduce both.  But most logical people would agree you should not change the size of either of these items. Thus, I urge you to VETO A2006/S993 if they reach your desk.

Thanks, and I hope this brought a smile to your face. 

Ditto for trains with more than one passenger car.....bus capacity to be limited to 10 passengers  (just think of the lives saved).

How many car passengers die in accidents every year.  Remove the passenger seats from all vehicles capable of going over 10 MPH and save thousands.... After all ."Its for the children" as the OP noted.

Also Pinto gas tanks to be limited to ten gallons....

I applaud your enthusiasm and certainly share your frustration with this issue.  However, I doubt sarcasm is going to make a well-heeled point that will get your point noticed and published.  This is the time to remain focused, level headed and direct.

Keep it up, and keep it actionable.

I applaud your enthusiasm and certainly share your frustration with this issue.  However, I doubt sarcasm is going to make a well-heeled point that will get your point noticed and published.  This is the time to remain focused, level headed and direct.

It's not sarcasm, it's parody. Or satire. Or something. It's definitely not sarcasm. 

Ok then lets see your letter. Oh sorry you didn't write one. This whole idea of being suave and cool ,dressed in a 3 piece suit is not working .

Level headed? How do you deal with crazy career driven liberals who really don't care what you have to say? Please enlighten me.

The unfortunate truth is we are far out numbered in this communist state , so unless the SCOTUS makes a ruling in our favor we are going no where.

Although a good walk into the capitol and dragging them out into the street might help sway them but i doubt it. THIS IS A POLICE STATE!

The unfortunate truth is we are far out numbered in this communist state , so unless the SCOTUS makes a ruling in our favor we are going no where.

Howard, I love the concept of your letter.  It's a clever analogy/parody/whatever.  

But I think oneshot has it right.  It does not matter how much logic we present.  We are outnumbered, and our legislature is going to do whatever they want, and damn the logic.

Howard, I love the concept of your letter.  It's a clever analogy/parody/whatever.  

But I think oneshot has it right.  It does not matter how much logic we present.  We are outnumbered, and our legislature is going to do whatever they want, and damn the logic.

Thanks, I thought it would be fun to mock the Demotards rather than just write another letter with facts.  It was time for a change.

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

We need him, it does no one any good to get on his bad side.

He needs us more if he has any intentions of 2016 . Not that i would vote for him. I liked your letter Howard satirical but poignant . Will he see and if he does will he read it? I couldn't tell you.

Dont forget if he does not veto this bill ,when 2016 comes around he will be judged by more than NJ . The dems are not going to vote for him regardless but he would be a fool to throw away possible votes from repubs

+1

Not to say we should EVER give up trying though!!!

Ok then lets see your letter. Oh sorry you didn't write one. This whole idea of being suave and cool ,dressed in a 3 piece suit is not working .

Level headed? How do you deal with crazy career driven liberals who really don't care what you have to say? Please enlighten me.

Although a good walk into the capitol and dragging them out into the street might help sway them but i doubt it. THIS IS A POLICE STATE!

Since you ask, I did write a letter.  In fact, I sent it March 21.  I posted it in the previous thread, but that seems to have disappeared.

########################
Governor Christie,

I am writing to express my displeasure in learning of the support and approval of Assembly Bill No. 2006.  Simply put, this bill is not common sense and does not protect law abiding citizens.

For me, target shooting is an activity where my father (a Korean War veteran and college professor) and I (an Eagle Scout and business executive) can share time together by practicing a challenging and rewarding activity.  Following that simple pursuit of happiness, I find we often discuss the responsibility required to safely enjoy such a right.  We are both very familiar with firearm safety and often discuss the polarizing way in which New Jersey has restricted firearms ownership, in clear contrast to the overwhelming majority of other states.  I share this short personal account to confirm that many firearm owners are highly accomplished professionals who value personal responsibility and act in a responsible manner.  

I took particular note of Assemblyman Greenwald's recent comment regarding retired police officers' exemption from this bill where I understood him to say that their "level of training provides them with the opportunity to protect law and public safety - we want those people to be in the possession of those magazines so they can protect people" [sic].  Assemblyman Greenwald disregards and disrespects the very similar extensive training that our military veterans have received.  Beyond that, he demonstrates no understanding that non-uniformed citizens could be capable of receiving and benefiting from identical training.  Without going further on the point, this is discriminatory at the very least.

While the recent testimony of those either affected or motivated by the Sandy Hook incident is emotionally jarring, this proposed legislation does nothing to address the serious matter of mental health review that has proven to be the overwhelmingly clear issue in that unfortunate case.  A more relevant example is the still recent tragedy of my fellow Hoboken resident Dustin Friedland's untimely death at the hands of prior convicted criminals at the Short Hills Mall.  As a Hoboken resident who has also shopped at the Short Hills Mall with my wife, I certainly identified with this horrific event.  Through no apparent fault of his own, Dustin was shot and killed by people who will neither respect nor follow the restrictions of the proposed A-2006.  Considering all of this, it is my opinion that this proposed legislation serves only to further restrict law abiding New Jersey citizens in a way that limits their ability to protect the life and liberty of themselves and their families.

I trust that you will continue to lead our state with a focus on effective legislation and policy to ensure the rights of law abiding citizens to protect themselves instead of merely limiting those very citizens who, by Dustin's tragic example, have the very real and demonstrated need for self protection.

Borrowing your own words, this legislation is not common sense.  Thank you for your time and attention.

Respectfully,
xxx
Hoboken, Hudson County, NJ

Since you ask, I did write a letter.  In fact, I sent it March 21.  I posted it in the previous thread, but that seems to have disappeared.

########################
Governor Christie,

I am writing to express my displeasure in learning of the support and approval of Assembly Bill No. 2006.  Simply put, this bill is not common sense and does not protect law abiding citizens.

For me, target shooting is an activity where my father (a Korean War veteran and college professor) and I (an Eagle Scout and business executive) can share time together by practicing a challenging and rewarding activity.  Following that simple pursuit of happiness, I find we often discuss the responsibility required to safely enjoy such a right.  We are both very familiar with firearm safety and often discuss the polarizing way in which New Jersey has restricted firearms ownership, in clear contrast to the overwhelming majority of other states.  I share this short personal account to confirm that many firearm owners are highly accomplished professionals who value personal responsibility and act in a responsible manner.  

I took particular note of Assemblyman Greenwald's recent comment regarding retired police officers' exemption from this bill where I understood him to say that their "level of training provides them with the opportunity to protect law and public safety - we want those people to be in the possession of those magazines so they can protect people" [sic].  Assemblyman Greenwald disregards and disrespects the very similar extensive training that our military veterans have received.  Beyond that, he demonstrates no understanding that non-uniformed citizens could be capable of receiving and benefiting from identical training.  Without going further on the point, this is discriminatory at the very least.

While the recent testimony of those either affected or motivated by the Sandy Hook incident is emotionally jarring, this proposed legislation does nothing to address the serious matter of mental health review that has proven to be the overwhelmingly clear issue in that unfortunate case.  A more relevant example is the still recent tragedy of my fellow Hoboken resident Dustin Friedland's untimely death at the hands of prior convicted criminals at the Short Hills Mall.  As a Hoboken resident who has also shopped at the Short Hills Mall with my wife, I certainly identified with this horrific event.  Through no apparent fault of his own, Dustin was shot and killed by people who will neither respect nor follow the restrictions of the proposed A-2006.  Considering all of this, it is my opinion that this proposed legislation serves only to further restrict law abiding New Jersey citizens in a way that limits their ability to protect the life and liberty of themselves and their families.

I trust that you will continue to lead our state with a focus on effective legislation and policy to ensure the rights of law abiding citizens to protect themselves instead of merely limiting those very citizens who, by Dustin's tragic example, have the very real and demonstrated need for self protection.

Borrowing your own words, this legislation is not common sense.  Thank you for your time and attention.

Respectfully,
xxx
Hoboken, Hudson County, NJ

Great letter!. Still I hold the position that  1. not likely to be read.2. common sense means nothing in NJ. 3. We are far out numbered and our words fall on deaf ears because they just don't

care about the will of the minority. We ( other than liberal democrats) are the political minority in this state and as such we are subjected to the will of the "ruling" liberal retards and their constituents . Nj is at the top of the list for mass exodus because of it's restrictive laws not only its refusal to recognize the 2nd amendment as it was written and intended, but the long list of other

restrictive laws and being #3 for highest taxes in the nation. This is not a dress rehearsal ,we have one shot at life as far as we know. I personally would prefer to spend what time i have left living it in a place where my rights are less trampled on .