Sign in to follow this  
roadrunner

S993: How to hold sweeney responsible

It is likely that Sweeney is pushing 10 round limits to get through the gubernatorial primary. Since we don't have the votes to beat him in a general election, our best bet is to beat him in a primary.

His likely opponent is Steve Fulop. No better, but easier to beat in the general.

Best tactic imo: run a pro-2a south Jersey candidate as a democrat in the primary. Siphon off votes from the solid south.

Am I dreaming?

It worked inVirginia's Gubernatorial election.  A wealthy Obama supporter funded the campaign of a libertarian candidate and was able to drain 6 or 7% of the vote away from the Republican candidate.  As a result gun-grabbing McAulliffe won the election - just barely.

Where do we find a viable Democratic candidate in district 3 that is pro 2A?  

It is likely that Sweeney is pushing 10 round limits to get through the gubernatorial primary. Since we don't have the votes to beat him in a general election, our best bet is to beat him in a primary.

His likely opponent is Steve Fulop. No better, but easier to beat in the general.

Best tactic imo: run a pro-2a south Jersey candidate as a democrat in the primary. Siphon off votes from the solid south.

Am I dreaming?

Our only problem is ourselves. No matter what very few pro-2a folks vote. In theory, yes your idea would work. However, due to laziness and excuses our side constantly shoots itself in the foot.

Does NJ have a term limit for Governor? Let's say that Christie, throws his hat in the ring for higher office. Nothing prevents him for running for both offices and claiming his choice of the wins.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Does NJ have a term limit for Governor? Let's say that Christie, throws his hat in the ring for higher office. Nothing prevents him for running for both offices and claiming his choice of the wins.Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Plus he'll have to step down early if he runs or he won't be able to raise money from Wall St.