Roktory

Citadel is now making a 9mm carbine is it Legal?

I just don't get it if they had a smart marketing dept they would of called it something diffrent than an M1.  I would like to think they know that some states cannot have M1 name rifles? Are there other states besides Kalifornia and NJ that have these banned?

I just don't get it if they had a smart marketing dept they would of called it something diffrent than an M1. I would like to think they know that some states cannot have M1 name rifles? Are there other states besides Kalifornia and NJ that have these banned?

I believe even original WW2 carbines do not have m1 carbine stamped anywhere on them. They are marked 30ML or something like that. I believe there are a few postwar models that are stamped M1 carbine. It is really annoying that there is no real clarification from the AG. The m1 carbine situation is like calling every Ar style rifle an Ar15 even though they are not marked that way.

So what you are saying if you stamp "M1" on a broom stick it's illegal?

Sorry I don't think that is the case.  Ask the AG to chamber a "30 carbine" round.

Does anyone have a pic of the actual model stamping on this carbine?

I believe even original WW2 carbines do not have m1 carbine stamped anywhere on them. They are marked 30ML or something like that. I believe there are a few postwar models that are stamped M1 carbine. It is really annoying that there is no real clarification from the AG. The m1 carbine situation is like calling every Ar style rifle an Ar15 even though they are not marked that way.

The rifle does not have to be stamped 'Carbine" just if it is stamped "M1" and it is carbine length

rifle - it is an M1 carbine

I spoke with Chiappa this morning and they say the receiver is stamped M1-9

so the gun would not be legal in NJ solely on M- stamping............

What if they stamped some FUG-NJ. Would they be legal then?

Since the USGI M-1 carbine used a gas piston operated action.

And the M1-9MM one are  "blowback operated"  is that enough of different for them to be considered?

IIRC its referred to on the banned list as "M1 Carbine Type".

That can mean anything from it an exact copy to something that looks like a M1 carbine. Only the NJ AG knows for sure.

I don't think if it was an exact copy and stamped something other than M1 it would be okay in NJ.

Evil M1 banned , Mini14 not

When my father in law passed away my mother in law sold his ( in R.I. ) because she knew I couldn't own it, did find a 15 rnd. mag in a box of his stuff when she came to live with us, so disappointing not to have anything to put it in

Pretty sure the  M1 carbine mags are also illegal in NJ

Not the 15 rd magazines. Its a 15 rd magazine, nothing illegal about that. If you have a M1 carbine and registered it when you could I believe you can have the 30 rd mags if you use the rifle in competition.

but is the name on it m1 carbine? the catalog name is  CIR9M1S. whats it say as model on the rifle itself i think is the question no?

Tell that to the Auto-Ordnance US Carbine "ML"

NJSP actually TRIED to allow it and was Derailed by the former AG..nobody in the FIU is going to try again

Originals are stamped "US Carbine" Caliber .30 M1" the Auto Ordnance Carbines were stamped "ML" and declared to be "Substantially Identical" by fiat of the former AG