Roktory

Citadel is now making a 9mm carbine is it Legal?

I believe even original WW2 carbines do not have m1 carbine stamped anywhere on them. They are marked 30ML or something like that. I believe there are a few postwar models that are stamped M1 carbine. It is really annoying that there is no real clarification from the AG. The m1 carbine situation is like calling every Ar style rifle an Ar15 even though they are not marked that way.

95% of all M1 Carbines are stamped:"US CARBINE""CAL 30 M1"Sent from an undisclosed location.

http://i1312.photobucket.com/albums/t533/clint-on/20130725_124844_zps16e07227.jpg

But if that would still be illegal then how are all of our AR15/AK47/M14 variants legal??

Because they are not marked AR, AK, or M14. "M1 carbine type" is how they are referred to in the law. If the law said "AR type" they all would be illegal.

Stop asking for permission for these things.  Every. Damned. Time.  You people gotta run on home to the AG and ask "mother may I" and they turn around and say "no".

Just buy it, own it, shoot it... oh, and shut up about it.

Regardless, this rifle doesn't really score high marks from what I've read.

Stop asking for permission for these things. Every. Damned. Time. You people gotta run on home to the AG and ask "mother may I" and they turn around and say "no".

THAT is why I don't own an Auto Ordnance .30 cal rifle. Asshats kept calling, and the one day the guy from Firearms Unit wasn't there it got kicked upstairs, allegedly.

THAT is why I don't own an Auto Ordnance .30 cal rifle. Asshats kept calling, and the one day the guy from Firearms Unit wasn't there it got kicked upstairs, allegedly.

Bingo.  Too many nervous Nancy gun owners and FFLs...

Meanwhile in Connecticut, you got people defying orders to turn in their "assault weapons"... NJ Gun owners: "please oh please Mr. Attorney General, may I have this and that?"

It's your right to own these things, even if the law says you can't.

Stop asking for permission for these things.  Every. Damned. Time.  You people gotta run on home to the AG and ask "mother may I" and they turn around and say "no".

Yeah, that's what happened with the last one from Auto Ordinance, some NJSP guy wrote a letter stating it was ok, then too much chatter and the dumb 1st AG that Christie appointed made everyone who bought one return them or else

THAT is why I don't  CAN'T own an Auto Ordnance .30 cal rifle. Asshats kept calling, and the one day the guy from Firearms Unit wasn't there it got kicked upstairs, allegedly.

Fixed that for you...it isnt a matter of you "Don't" own one..there isnt an option to do so.

For fear of derailing the thread I'll just..

:facepalm:

It isnt worth it..believe me Nick

Paula Dow had EVERY INTENTION of expanding on what she did with Auto Ordnance, and a few months later I.O. Inc. AK clones  she was working on getting ALL previously Legal AK's banned, and after that AR's.  The Auto Ordnance Markings were different than  the Factory Carbine Markings.  Just as Arsenal or Saiga markings are different than "Avtomat Kalashnikov AK-47", and just as say "Spike's Tactical SL-15" is different than "Colt Ar-15"  By doing what she did with Auto Ord, she was trying to push open the door for a REAL AWB to go into place.

The problem with the M1 Carbine is in the law it states "M1 Carbine type" putting these in the no-no category.  Other banned firearms are listed by name only, hence the exceedingly "gray area".  Wanna be the first to find out?

The problem with the M1 Carbine is in the law it states "M1 Carbine type" putting these in the no-no category.  Other banned firearms are listed by name only, hence the exceedingly "gray area".  Wanna be the first to find out?

with all due respect that logic could be applied to AK rifles as well... and there are countless of those owned in NJ..