Tom-NJ2AS

Just submitted Utah and Florida

I'm not sure if any other states or highways have that speeding system in place. That was the one and only time it ever happened to me, inside that tunnel between Baltimore and Washington DC.

they have speed cameras set up in the construction zones around Baltimore.

didn't know they had them in the tunnels.

with the amount of "stuff" my wife and daughter need to take on vacation its easier to just drive there.

Okay, thanks, so now I have another proof of the fact that my most recent route to FL was actually a right one - I drove on I-78 to the west, then took I-81 to the south, then I-77 to Charlotte NC where I spent a day and then I-77 and I-26 to finally get to I-95.

It's only a little bit longer than directly on I-95 (1020 mi from me to Jacksonville compared to 930 miles directly), but it's almost entirely free (compared to lots of tolls around DE and MD on I-95), definitely "gun-friendlier" (no DC, whole NJ and only a little of MD) ... so I'd really say this is a way to go south from Northern NJ.

Just IMO obviously :) I liked that route very much and I am definitely taking it next time (I tried I-95 directly as well on my trip to SC last year and I didn't really like it, especially MD and DC areas - very congested, lots of construction areas etc).

My Florida status (on-line) is now "Received."  May take up to 90 days (legally) to process. They cashed their/my check 2 days ago.

Still waiting on a sign from Utah (i.e. cashed check).  Check not yet cashed as of this morning. I'm told by Utah 5-6 weeks from that point.

As for Arizona, they required a money order.  But oddly enough, the USPS has a "Money Order Tracker" so you can tell when someone cashes the money order.

So we'll see.  I doubt any of them will arrive in time before I depart for my next Florida trip, but I gather they'll be waiting when I return.

Update:  I am pleased to report my Florida status is now "Issued, printed and mailed," as of yesterday. 

Submitted 03/18, Received 03/20, check processed 04/01.  

No word yet on Utah or Arizona.  Can't get a status from either by phone (and they don't have one on-line that I know of).

AZ money order not yet cashed.

Update: I am pleased to report my Florida status is now "Issued, printed and mailed," as of yesterday.

Submitted 03/18, Received 03/20, check processed 04/01.

No word yet on Utah or Arizona. Can't get a status from either by phone (and they don't have one on-line that I know of).

AZ money order not yet cashed.

Aren't you down there now?

Aren't you down there now?

Yes, I am.  I called this morning to see if it had not yet been sent (so I could pick it up in person), but the phone rep (and the telephony voice) told me that it had already been mailed. :(  I won't get it until I get back home and get my mail delivery resumed. Which will be the case for both UT and AZ anyway, so.... :dontknow:

Wait 'till October, I  guess..... :)

Yes, I am. I called this morning to see if it had not yet been sent (so I could pick it up in person), but the phone rep (and the telephony voice) told me that it had already been mailed. :( I won't get it until I get back home and get my mail delivery resumed. Which will be the case for both UT and AZ anyway, so.... :dontknow:

Wait 'till October, I guess..... :)

that sucks! I applied for my Florida on 2/24 and got it in the mail (2 weeks ago) exactly one week before I went down. Couldn't have cut it any closer. My buddy applied the same day as me and still hasn't received his yet.

Florida's site says mine has been issued, but 2-4 weeks to print and mail.

That's what it says on-line for me. But both the human phone rep, and the computer telephony voice said "Issued, printed and mailed."  That could be, simply, to shut me up :D , but we'll see.

Took utah clas 3/20- GSD coatings class

Received in utah 3/24

Check cashed 3/30

Issued 5/7

Got in mail on 5/12

Is it true we just PA again?

But, Utah still good in like 31 other states and cheap renewals.  I'm keeping mine. For PA, OC or gonna wait to see what happens.  There is fallout brewing in the PA state house, time will tell.  Short story is you can OC in PA so it may backfire in her face. 

But, Utah still good in like 31 other states and cheap renewals. I'm keeping mine. For PA, OC or gonna wait to see what happens. There is fallout brewing in the PA state house, time will tell. Short story is you can OC in PA so it may backfire in her face.

I am with you. I still want it. Just figures the timing is like it is.

I would hope PA ousts her!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Update - 

All three CCW's I applied for have been issued and received in my vacation mail. All were submitted around 03/18.

UT was issued 05/03/2014 and postmarked 05/06.

AZ was issued 05/06/2014 and postmarked 05/07.

FL was issued 05/07/2014 and postmarked 05/09.

A little too late for UT, but... Ah well.  :dontknow:

As soon as you'll get your first CCW Don't forget to apply for the PA non-resident CCW before they change the law there as well. As of now in order to get a PA Non Resident you need a CCW from any other state. It does not need to be a resident CCW.

As soon as you'll get your first CCW Don't forget to apply for the PA non-resident CCW before they change the law there as well. As of now in order to get a PA Non Resident you need a CCW from any other state. It does not need to be a resident CCW.

I'm pretty sure you need a CCW from your home of residence.

I'm pretty sure you need a CCW from your home of residence.

I concur.  You need to have a CCW from your state of primary domicile. Otherwise, we'd all be doing that without a care in the world. :facepalm:

Not according to their website, it says you must have a CCW from your state of residence to apply for their non resident permit. I actually looked that up today out of curiosity.

My bad... I intended to suggest you'll apply for you CT as in Connecticut CCW permit... All this talk about PA recently has my fingers typing one state and my brain thinking of another..

CT requires a prior CCW from any state. Similar to the way NH used to be before they changed to require a Resident CCW. I got my NH CCW last year under the old law so my permit is valid until it expires. The just wont let me renew in 4 years.

I travel for Business so i have actually picked up 11 CCW's . The 10 in the photo plus Main. At first I initially collected them just for the hell of it but im glad i got several whil i had the chance. TX and NH are my only coverage for PA now... AZ used to cover my for when i got to Las Vegas but NV dropped recip with AZ so the NV CCW is my only coverage there, ect, ect... So much has changed in the last two years...

Posted Image