RubberBullets

Bad news about the range/gun shop in Monroe (Middlesex)

one of them which still makes me laugh is "what happens when 2 people are racing through my development because they both want to be the first person at the range and one cuts the other off. they get out of their cars and start shooting at each other in my development with kids around, and I promise you that will happen!"

Well its happened at every other range ever hasnt it? :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm: :facepalm:

the range will be on mott avenue right after the cemetery. its the little stretch between helmetta and jamesburg. it will be a public range. our plan is to offer both memberships as well as hourly lane rentals. 

the range will be on mott avenue right after the cemetery. its the little stretch between helmetta and jamesburg. it will be a public range. our plan is to offer both memberships as well as hourly lane rentals.

That's good to know. How many lanes? Can you provide more details!

Recoil, on 02 Apr 2014 - 11:36 AM, said:

hi all. my name is dave and i am the son of the family building the range on Mott avenue. to calm everyone's nerves, the gun shop did get denied however the range has already been approved. our plan is to go ahead and build the range with or without sales. sadly at the meeting, there were some concerned residents who brought up things that were 100% not relevant to the variance. the scenarios the residents brought up were absolutely incredible. one of them which still makes me laugh is "what happens when 2 people are racing through my development because they both want to be the first person at the range and one cuts the other off. they get out of their cars and start shooting at each other in my development with kids around, and I promise you that will happen!" 

all that being said, we are moving forward with the range project and you guys can look forward to Recoil Shooting Range in Monroe NJ hopefully sooner rather than later. we will update everyone on progress as well as when our next meeting will be, clearly we need all the support we can get. please feel free to ask questions through private message or in this thread. 

Good luck with your venture.

I would hope the people on the Monroe Zoning Board have enough intelligence to listen to the public that offered comments, and knew exactly where to file them as-needed.  ;)

That's good to know. How many lanes? Can you provide more details!

there will be 16 lanes at 25 yards. we'll also have a classroom to offer different types of classes 

Good luck with your venture.

I would hope the people on the Monroe Zoning Board have enough intelligence to listen to the public that offered comments, and knew exactly where to file them as-needed.  ;)

that is what we were hoping for as well. sadly that is not what happened. 

Man I really wish I knew more about this sooner! I grew up in Monroe and would've done my best to bolster as much support as I could've. I'm looking forward to shooting at the range! So let me ask: this is NOT the same as the range planned for Union Hill Road?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Man I really wish I knew more about this sooner! I grew up in Monroe and would've done my best to bolster as much support as I could've. I'm looking forward to shooting at the range! So let me ask: this is NOT the same as the range planned for Union Hill Road?

The Union Hill one is different and will have a shop and is part of Legends Firearms

Correct, The union hill club is where legend will have the firearms store. I think union hill is a private range the other is public

Steve you'll still be my FFL guy lol

I think you have a pretty loyal following ...it'd be pretty tough for them to win over your customers.

Well I'll wait and see what happens on Mott Avenue. I was going to pull the trigger on Old Bridge but I'll save the money for now. Any idea when this place will come to be?

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

we don't really know how long it will be as we don't have final site plan approval yet. we are hoping to be up and running a year from now but honestly everything has taken so much longer than it should so who knows. i would say that if you can wait a year, then wait. 

our first step after site plan is to take a lot of trees down. does anybody here do tree removal??

HI it's Ira.  It's a shame that the other store was voted down.  As all of you know some people just don't understand what it is we like (besides being a right) about guns.  I was just reading the posts about the range and store that was denied.  As you know the store that was denied is not my store.  My store will be open to the public and the prices will be the same for everyone not just members.  So anyone using the other public range in Monroe will be able to buy guns/ammo from me to use at the other range.  If we can't work together to help each other, who will?

Ira

HI it's Ira. It's a shame that the other store was voted down. As all of you know some people just don't understand what it is we like (besides being a right) about guns. I was just reading the posts about the range and store that was denied. As you know the store that was denied is not my store. My store will be open to the public and the prices will be the same for everyone not just members. So anyone using the other public range in Monroe will be able to buy guns/ammo from me to use at the other range. If we can't work together to help each other, who will?

Ira

Ira-

Any time frame on when the store/range will open?