AverageJoe

Oaks PA Eagle Arms Gun Show 3/28 - 30

They have the show about every 3 months I go every time. Prices are all over, last show a SAIGA 762 was anywhere from $425 to $675. Know what you want & know your prices. I've said in the past be prepared to be disappointed, being from Jersey some dealers just won't budge on selling you something. Last show I found powder, primers I needed. 

Haters gonna hate,

As Tommy said know your sheet and know how to shop then you will find deals.

I go to a lot if shows and have walked away with deals almost every time.

Don't panic and buy the first thing you see.

Don't go if your thinking you'll find 22's .

If you browse you'll find ammo at normalish prices but also find gougers.

Its a good place to find cool stuff , a lot you can't find easily online like certain parts, mags, surplus parts..

Etc It is fun to walk and look at all the different stuff and put your hands on a lot of things that you cant find locally or find online but would like to see in person.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Just got back...Price gouge city on .22...let the pics speak for themselves...other ammo was normal...I picked up some 5.7 ammo for $23 /box...couple moar boxes of CCI LPP...pound of H335...and a new solid made in USA AR tool to replace the cheap china junk I got last time. There is no good powder...no W231, no H38, no WST...had a little chat with the dude from TnT and he was saying W231 wont be avail till June the earliest...China paid for some 6 months worth of W231...how true this is, no idea lol.

IMG_20140328_133308_zps80caa308.jpg

Yep...that a brick of Wolf .22 for $95+tax...

IMG_20140328_151435_zps9ced805f.jpg

Of course 22 would be gouged, I been saying this all along that don't go expecting to find 22 at a bargain

I been reading reports on other forums and other ammo was normal if not better than online for instance

1k of 7.62x39 $200 vs online $230 plus shipping

Yes there was a ton of ar's for sale. Prices were good. I think prices were good on everything really, except 22. It was huge!

On a side note, I saw a dude get caught stealing. This big ass dude behind the table called this guy out for putting stuff in his bag. The guy was all " I was gonna pay for it" the owner came over and said you better pay for it before you get your ass kicked. It was kinda entertaining.

Some girl apparently stole something around 4:00. I didn't see it but a bunch of cops came over. Sad this shit happens.

Yes there was a ton of ar's for sale. Prices were good. I think prices were good on everything really, except 22. It was huge!

On a side note, I saw a dude get caught stealing. This big ass dude behind the table called this guy out for putting stuff in his bag. The guy was all " I was gonna pay for it" the owner came over and said you better pay for it before you get your ass kicked. It was kinda entertaining.

Prices on ammo seemed consistent to last show in Dec. and you're better if ordering online in most cases.

I wasn't paying attention to AR prices but saw WASR's for a bit over $500 at one table and other tables were closer to $600.

I'm no expert, but I stopped at Surplus City on the way to the show yesterday and I am 99% sure I saw RPD's there for $450, which was better than any price I saw at the show.

It looked to me like the only thing needed on these to make NJ compliant was welding the slant break.  is that correct?  Do these take standard AK mags?

*Edit* i am doing some reading now and realize i may have seen RPK's and not RPD's.  They were Century.

Be careful with RPK's. At $450, you most likely saw the 'fake' Century RPK. These do not have the bulged trunnion, thicker RPK receiver or thicker barrel. The only thing that they have similar to a true RPK is a bipod, long barrel, and carry handle.

Just something to look out for.

And yes, the slant break will have to be welded and the bayonet lug ground off if it has one.

Went today. Got there early this morning. Same old, same old. Lots of new AR's; prices still high. LOTS of junk being sold there like jewelry and handbags. Saw some decent prices on shotguns (1100's, A5, etc.). Ammo still way too high; close to $400 for .223 stuff I saw. No .22 at all. I was looking for Glock 23 and Sig P239 mags and could not find any. I also don't think there was 2000 tables either.