Ficus

P2P background checks.

no, the background check was $18 money order but now online adds a $2 convience charge, individual permits cost $2 each when you pick them up

ok thanks, i went in today and they instructed me to do it all online, but didn't let me know how long the process is 

I just applied for one, and i did it online and the back ground check cost me $20?

does that sound right? I thought they were only $5 per permit?

Where can you do this online?  I went to http://www.njsp.org/about/firearms.html

and all I can see are forms to download, nothing to fill out and submit online.  What am I missing?

glad I found this thread, related to my very discouraged psyche right now.  Last year I got a FPID and 2 x P2P, my intention was to purchase a shotgun and a handgun.  But I got sick (cancer), P2P's expired, no reason to ask for extensions, cancer more important.  Well, now I am really ready to purchase, just need one P2P this time, leaning towards an AMERICAN MADE .45 cal, prob 1911.

When I filled out the application, S.T.S 033, I immediately had that "Oh crap" moment. Do they really want me to put references again?  I have no problem checking off all the boxes, but as you all know, at the bottom of the form is two lines for references/addresses/etc.

Also, do I have to submit another Mental Health Records Search, Form S.P. 66 ?

I'm asking these questions because the insanity of all this redundancy makes me feel s if it just can't be true.

Thanks for any and all help, newbie here, but look forward to being a regular.

PS they cut the cancer out, some radiation, some chemo, and now financially able to buy my dream .45.

As the jackass (Eddie Murphy) would say in SHREK: "That is REDONKULOUS"   Thank you OAKRIDGEFIREARMS so very much for clarifying the murky depths of NJ gun law/process.

Fortunately, the Twp PD is pretty quick with processing. Chief McD is a pro2A guy so processing is usually fast. And, getting P2P extended is a matter of the secretary typing in a new date and signing the chief's initials while you wait...took me less than 2 minutes for two extensions.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

I CANNOT AGREE WITH YOU MORE.  I went into this process last year (first time application for FPID, P2P, Fingerprinting) with only HORROR stories about delays  and really unfair treatment.  I do believe it was Chief McD at the time, and I received my FPID and 2 x P2P in a little over three weeks.  I was so thrilled, and really very satisfied with how smoothly the process went I felt obligated to write a thank you card, but then I got stupid cancer.

Now, that being said, I am ready to submit all new paperwork, is the borough police still borough police (31 South, Rita's Ice on 31 North) or did I hear some convoluted rumor our dept merged with Washington Twp (Long Valley, Califon, et al) ?

thanks for the welcome on the introductions page MAGNAWING, and thanks for your comment(s).

Just keep in mind if you should ever need an extension on a P2P bring it in before it expires. After the 90 day expiration date its "no tickie no laundry".

I think that depends on the town's policy.........I've heard of some towns saying to only bring them in after they expire.

I think that depends on the town's policy.........I've heard of some towns saying to only bring them in after they expire.

Yeah my town will do it no problem as long as its still good. They don't even question it. But they won't extend an expired permit, they want their $2 lol...