Teky0101

Dog Name Suggestions

Hello Everyone,

I recently lost my wonderful dog Cooper. He is a Pembroke Welsh Corgi and at the age of eight he contracted two forms of cancer to the point where he was suffering so bad that in order to be humane we had to put him down. Our whole family missed Cooper terribly! The house just seems empty with him. We recently started looking at obtaining a puppy and would like to stick with Corgi's since we all came to love the breed. We have been thinking about names and we are having trouble narrowing down the correct one. Firearms are a large part of our family so I was thinking about maybe naming the dog after some sort of firearms manufacturer, part or accessory. Anyone have any suggestions? Thank you for any suggestions you might have. 

Sorry for your loss. We recently got 2 shelter pups and were thinking of firearms related names too but nothing had a good ring to it given there are 2 names, we decided on Bonnie & Clyde lol. Have fun deciding.

As "Her Royal Highness" keeps Corgis - I think this might be apropos and proper in a British sort of way.  http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Category:Firearms_manufacturers_in_the_United_Kingdom

One on there is Holland & Holland or - H&H

C'mere HnH

Fetch HnH

Dunno if it works for you...

Sorry about your dog...such a great breed.

I like "Remington" "Weatherby" "Bren" "Mossberg" Enfield" and my favorite while not a firearm is "Angus".

I'm sorry to hear of the loss of your dog.

I can't help you come up with a name. I think you have to meet the dog first to be able to pick the right one.

However, a bit of advice - make sure it's not a name you'll be shy about yelling across the park.

Thank you everyone for your kind thought and words! There are a lot of good names on here! I was thinking of bolt and buffer earlier today but of the two the family only liked bolt. I also really like JB but this could get confusing since other members of my family have the same initials. I just thought of one! What about flint! Thank you everyone for the suggestions and please keep them coming! Anyone else own a Corgi?

Sorry about your loss. I lost my dachshund less than 2 weeks ago, ironically also at the age of 8 and also due to the cancer.

Glad that you made up your mind about getting a new one, I still feel like it would be extremely hard for me to see another *dog* at home... Maybe after some time I'll change my mind.

Sorry for your loss man. I would keep thinking of cool names but don't settle on one until you meet the dog/pup. I did that one time. Found him on petfinder. Then went to meet him and he just didn't fit the name. But he ended up with a really cool name after all

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk