wink-_-wink

Amazon Prime Movies

So i have had netflix since FOREVER.  It has gotten to the point that I have seen all that I care to watch on there and the only reason I keep it is for my kids.  They watch the same movies over and over...

Well today I bought some stuff on amazon and was offered the free 2 day shipping to start prime.  I browsed some of their movies and TV shows and decided to go ahead and pull the trigger.  My question is:

What shows series or movies do you reccomend on AP that arent on NF.

Currently I saw AP has some that I never seen and am stoked for like

-Vikings

-Game Of Thrones

-Justified

I already do the walking dead and SOA.  Any other suggestions?  I have seen a TON of shows and movies ( thanks deployments) so all are welcome even if I have seen it before!! THANKS!

I prefer Amazon Prime Video over Netflix. I had Netflix for a while, but seemed to run out of content that I liked. I didn't care at all for their original series.

Amazon Prime had more of the stuff I liked that I lost when I downgraded my cable TV subscription.

Anybody watch the Prime content on a TV? How did you hook it up? I have prime and just haven't figured out how to get it on the big screen

I am going to see if it works on my 360 or ps3 but if not I will just use a wireless mouse, and HDMI cable to my laptop

Anybody watch the Prime content on a TV? How did you hook it up? I have prime and just haven't figured out how to get it on the big screen

Yup..I have used roku, smart tv, and google tv.... roku is my favorite of the 3. And now with the streaming stick its gonna be just 50 bucks a piece

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

I am going to see if it works on my 360 or ps3 but if not I will just use a wireless mouse, and HDMI cable to my laptop

You need an XBOX Live subscription, but it works. I do this for both Prime and Netflix - have not had cable since 2005. Some TVs have built-in apps, where you plug an Ethernet cable into the back of the TV; some friends have these, with mixed results.

I used to run an HDMI cable and audio from my desktop; I ended up watching a lot of YouTube this way - but I got too lazy switching audio inputs, so I just run everything through the XBOX now.

How do Amazon Prime and Netflix work with DSL?  

From the Netflix website.  Netflix will work on Internet connection speeds of 0.5 megabits per second (Mbps), but we recommend 1.5 Mbps or higher for the best experience. In the link above you see Netflix has a bandwidth settings so you would adjust your bandwidth accordingly.  We have been using Netflix for years and have seen some peering issues in the past.

Since they both have free trails give one a try one month then the other the following month and see which service streams best for you. It could be one service will stream in HD and the other will not because of the DSL limitations or because of possible peering issues with your ISP. Keep in mind if the DSL is a slower tier like 1.5Mbps or lower it may stream great to one device but if you then try to stream to a second device for your kids or whatever it could be too much for your DSL service. As far as the original post we hadn’t tried Amazon yet but intend too

The benefits include:

• FREE Two-Day Shipping on eligible items.

Note: If the item you're ordering is out of stock or unavailable to ship, we'll get it to you two days after it's back in stock. Remember to check the cut-off time shown on the detail page. Orders over $1300 may require a signature.

• FREE Standard Shipping on eligible items.
  • FREE No-Rush Delivery (typical delivery one week after placing an order).

Note: You may receive promotional credit for selecting No-Rush Shipping. Credit will be automatically applied to your Amazon.com account once the first package from a No-Rush Shipping-eligible order ships. You'll receive an e-mail as soon as the credit is available. You may select No-Rush Shipping as many times as it's offered to you, but you won't be eligible for the credit if you cancel your No-Rush Shipping order or return items from it.

• Shipping Upgrades to expedite delivery.
  • Free Prime Instant Video access for paid or free trial members in the U.S. and Puerto Rico.

Note: Customers receiving Amazon Prime shipping benefits through the Amazon Student free trial, Amazon Mom free trial, or as guests of another membership are not eligible for Prime Instant Video.

• Kindle Owners' Lending Library access to members in the U.S. For more information, go to Kindle Owners' Lending Library.

Note: Customers in a paid membership, free trial or receiving a free month of Prime benefits with a Kindle Fire activation are eligible. The Kindle device must be associated with the Prime account that's eligible for the benefit.

• Early access for members in the U.S. to download a new book for free every month from the Kindle First picks. For more information, go to Kindle First.
  •  

Free or paid Amazon Prime members can share their shipping benefits with up to four additional family members living in the same household. If you purchase a Prime membership for a small business, you may invite up to four co-workers to shop with this corporate account. Other Amazon Prime membership benefits such as Prime Instant Video and the Kindle Owners' Lending Library can't be shared.

Note: Amazon Mom and Amazon Student members receiving Amazon Prime shipping benefits as part of a free trial and customers receiving a free 30 days of Amazon Prime benefits with Kindle Fire won't be able to share their benefits. All existing shared household members will continue to receive shipping benefits if the primary member switches to the Amazon Prime shipping benefits offered by one of these programs, however, the primary member won't be able to add or change shared household members if they move to one of these programs.

From the Netflix website.  Netflix will work on Internet connection speeds of 0.5 megabits per second (Mbps), but we recommend 1.5 Mbps or higher for the best experience. In the link above you see Netflix has a bandwidth settings so you would adjust your bandwidth accordingly.  We have been using Netflix for years and have seen some peering issues in the past.

Since they both have free trails give one a try one month then the other the following month and see which service streams best for you. It could be one service will stream in HD and the other will not because of the DSL limitations or because of possible peering issues with your ISP. Keep in mind if the DSL is a slower tier like 1.5Mbps or lower it may stream great to one device but if you then try to stream to a second device for your kids or whatever it could be too much for your DSL service. As far as the original post we hadn’t tried Amazon yet but intend too

Thanks for the info.

I actually have all three, Netflix, Amazon Prime and Hulu.

I didn't know Game of Thrones was on Amazon prime.  I will take a look.  

It seems like Netflix is good for the kids since they watch the same crap over and over.  Hulu is good for catching up on TV and British Shows and Amazon Prime is good for... well quite honestly Downton Abby.