big five

Glock 19 mag options

I been drooling over buying a glock 17 but after being convinced that a 19 would be better to COMFORTABLY conceal. I agree fully but I hate how my pinky doesnt fully fit.. I have been thinking that a magazine base extension plate would give me just enuff good for my pinky. CAN SOMEONE PICS OF A EXTENSION ON A 19.

Im ready to buy my first pistol. Its between 17/19 or mp9... im going to shoot all 3 tomorrow

Sent from my SPH-L900 using Tapatalk

Here is my gen4 G19 with one of my G27 mags with the baseplate extension slid into it so you can see what it would look like. The extension baseplates I used don't add any extra capacity to the mags. They do sell extended + capacity mags but they wouldn't be legal here unless they were blocked to 15 rds max.2u3y3emy.jpg

G19 fits my hand perfect. My G27 leaves my pinky wrapped around the bottom of the base which works for me. I have XL hands and long fingers. Unless each of your fingers is like a sausage, you should be fine.

My G19 fits my little kid hands like it was built for me. Without any backstraps added. My G27 even with my small hand leaves my pinky hanging in the breeze. Thats why I bought the base plate extensions for the two factory mags. I picked them up at Ramsey Outdoors in Roxbury for $9 each because I had a gift card. Changed them myself it was simple with a pair of pliers and a jeweler's screwdriver. The extra mags I bought for it are the +1's with the built in extensions.

I have large hands, and had the same problem.

Now, all three of my Glock19 mags have the Pierce Grips extensions, with NO additional capacity.

Very nice, and the increased purchase on my handgun has significantly reduced perceived recoil.