Sign in to follow this  
brucin

Freedom Munitions new shipping policy

I have purchased a few times from Freedom and can't recall them asking for a copy of my FPID. Today they did.

I sent them a copy which I keep as a PDF on my PC just for instances like this.

Here is my issue with them "complying with NJ law" 

I usually have ammo shipped to my work address because I work in the receiving dept and I know that either I or a fellow adult employee will be there to receive the package and make sure it is secure. The new Freedom Munitions policy states that the ammo must be shipped to the address on your FPID. This is great. Now the large box that says "small arms munitions" will be left on the road out near my mail box for anyone who passes by to see. (UPS will not drive down my road long story) I don't care if my neighbors see it but I am concerned that it may be taken and misused. There you go NJ law making us all safer.

If some politician ever says to me that is why we want to ban internet sales of ammo I think I will choke him/her.

I was gonna put an order in today since they have free shipping. If that's the case now that they ask for fid, then they will no longer get my business.

It's amazing what people won't do these days. Sending in your FID to save on good bulk ammo should not be a biggy.

I did it for Lax and several others too. I'd like to believe if they are selling stuff like guns, ammo and otherwise, they are pro2a and won't screw us.

So what I'm saying is: Big Effing Deal..... Give them what they need. They are a great company. They give great service. You get great deals and great ammo in return. How much better can it get? Seems like a win win.....

And just where else do you think you'll go to get this anyway?

Sent from my iPad 2 using T2 Pro

Yea you're right. I'm just frustrated since I've ordered a ton from them and now they start doing this. I too would have the ammo shipped to my work. I don't like the fact that my ammo is gonna be sitting at my door all day waiting for someone to take it.

Yea you're right. I'm just frustrated since I've ordered a ton from them and now they start doing this. I too would have the ammo shipped to my work. I don't like the fact that my ammo is gonna be sitting at my door all day waiting for someone to take it.

At least your's will be on the porch. My mailbox is 300 yards from my house.

Some companies only require it for handgun ammo. Rifle and shotgun orders never questioned me. But I sent them in figuring I'd eventually order everything sooner or later...

Sent from my iPhone using TT 2 Pro

I think if their policies aren't working for you that you should call them and ask.  They worked out an issue with me on my first order, and no problems.  They appear to be a reasonably small company that's interested in providing excellent customer service.  I wouldn't take what's on the website as carved in stone until you talk to them in person.

-Dave

Call the post office and have them hold it for you?

AFAIK USPS will not ship ammo. It has to be sent via UPS (not sure about Fed Ex). You could ask for it to be sent with over 21 required signature, so that if you're not there they won't leave it. Distribution center is 20 min from me so it's no biggie to go down there and get it after a second delivery attempt is failed. Closest to me is Saddle Brook, NJ. Fed Ex is Mahwah I believe.

As said above this is really not new. Probably just updating their files.   LAX. Georgia Arms, Freedom  and Ammo Warehouse all have my fid on hand, They are just making sure they are in line with states laws. We need to show it here in NJ to buy, its law (I knoe NJ laws suck)  The way I look at it is send it once itds there and I just roll with it.  Little to ask to get good prices and keep my stock up. I keep my FID on my phone just in case I see A deal somewhere else and need to send it to them.

I put in my first order in January and they emailed me that policy. I called and spoke with someone and explained I MUST have my ammo shipped to my parents because I live in a townhouse and children get out of school before adults get out of work and there's no way I'm going to have UPS leave a box of live ammo on my doorstep. They said ok and allow me to have it shipped to my parents. I haven't had an issue since. Why don't you try calling them?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As said above this is really not new. Probably just updating their files.   LAX. Georgia Arms, Freedom  and Ammo Warehouse all have my fid on hand, They are just making sure they are in line with states laws. We need to show it here in NJ to buy, its law (I knoe NJ laws suck)  The way I look at it is send it once itds there and I just roll with it.  Little to ask to get good prices and keep my stock up. I keep my FID on my phone just in case I see A deal somewhere else and need to send it to them.

Georgia Arms?   interesting..  I called them when I placed my order to ask how to upload or send my FID to them, and the woman told me it wasnt needed.  This was about 2 months ago...

that said, most other placed have my FID on file (as long as ive ordered from them, including FM, ASW, Cabelas, Midway, etc)

you know, my last order did get delayed when UPS did something stupid. no idea what.

So did mine from last week. UPS website said something about a "late truck." Delayed my order by 3 days!

ditto.

Baldwin, WI, United States 03/31/2014 11:00 P.M. A late UPS trailer arrival has caused a delay. We're adjusting plans to deliver your package as quickly as possible.

Spokane, WA, United States 03/28/2014 12:27 A.M. Departure Scan

Spokane, WA, United States 03/26/2014 11:26 P.M. Origin Scan