jtd771

Multiple Students Stabbed at PA High School

Yep, and they'll probably run a story recommending EH for a Nobel Peace prize for wanting to explore electronic tracking bracelets for gun owners, you know to stop gun violence

Only thing that idiot should explore is how to get his head out of his arse

Oh Crap, I'm so glad my wife bought some really good knives a few months ago.  Now we are going to have to get KID (Knife ID cards) and purchase permits and will only be able to buy one knife a month.  Oh and serrated knives will be band as well as knifes that have handles that allow specific finger placement.  Oh and forget knife sets, you will only be able to buy individual knives. 

Newtown happens, dems and libs passionately rally against guns.

This happened, and if we state the obvious (how guns aren't the problem), we are the ones exploiting a tragedy. They will just keep their mouths shit about this.

Lead story on CNN and Fox. 

Just think of how much worse it would have been if the person had a gun.  While knives are potentially dangerous, they have legitimate uses.  The only purpose of a gun is to kill, and this incident demonstrates that, while violent will always exist in society, limiting access to guns will reduce fatalities.

THAT is the response you will get from gun ban advocates.  Don't expect this to be held up as an example of why gun control isn't necessary.

Just think of how much worse it would have been if the person had a gun.  While knives are potentially dangerous, they have legitimate uses.  The only purpose of a gun is to kill, and this incident demonstrates that, while violent will always exist in society, limiting access to guns will reduce fatalities.

THAT is the response you will get from gun ban advocates.  Don't expect this to be held up as an example of why gun control isn't necessary.

NO that is not true.  Just think if one of the adults in the building had a CCW gun this would likely have been ended after the first or second stabbing and 18 individuals might have avoided injury or death.  Just another example of gun free zones being the choice location for mass attacks by sick individuals.

They already started, quote from article:

""But I'm just glad it wasn't a shooter, because if it had been a shooter, there would have been fatalities," Cook, whose children attended the school, told FoxNews.com."

Was he reloading when it happened?

No, just sharpening.  It is amazing that this guy went on attacking people for 30 minutes before being taken down.  Just imagine how different this would have turned out if just one teacher had a concealed handgun.  As I have said before gun-free zones are just free kill zones.

Any ballistic/stab tests done with school desks? Smaller desks can be packed with books, larger ones have tops like stone. Something worth knowing if the plan B is all huddle and pray, well pray wouldnt be allowed, just huddle. Virginia tech fatalities included many sitting in their desks as he went along their rows with a .22. Pick up desk, charge perp, not the best plan maybe, just better than deer in the headlights.

My thoughts go out to all the families.   Unfortunately this further proves one thing and one thing only...when an individual crosses over and decides that they want to try commit mass murder; they will try and carry out their plan.  Its not about knives, guns or bombs or whatever they have at their disposal.  Everyday i drop my kids off at school and wonder can this happen here...  Until someone can actually admit to the real problem and that its not the tool that they choose to use, this will continue to happen.  Kids and adults are constantly crying out for help but go often ignored - there is your madness...    

My hope is one day that politicians will actually try and do what is right and not what is personal gain for themselves.  I mean they all say that the kids are our "most valuable assets" but yet no one secures the schools cause that would be too much for the kids.  How about evening the playing field?  How about teaching any kind of defense for teachers?  Because being a victim doesn't seem to work out to well.  Let potentials know that the schools are secure and that if you try something you will be stopped.  If we don't start investing to protect our "greatest assets" there wont be any. 

to which you point to China...

http://www.cnn.com/2014/03/01/world/asia/china-railway-attack/index.html

and the 29 killed in a knife attack.  Their argument has no basis...

Newtown happens, dems and libs passionately rally against guns.

This happened, and if we state the obvious (how guns aren't the problem), we are the ones exploiting a tragedy. They will just keep their mouths shit about this.

Wishful thinking perhaps. I'll bet NJ has serious knife laws already.