ogfarmer

Troops Care Packages help needed!!!

Ira from Legends Firearms needs help from us. I remember when I posted last year about my brother going to Afghanistan some people here mentioned that they had family or friends over seas. If anyone can help please do.

I know he's a forum sponsor but I thought I'd help him spread the word.

Here is Ira's post on FB

Guys, I have collected several thousand Girl Scout Cookies from local troops. I have a donor to pay postage, and I've been boxing them up. If you have a loved one serving overseas can you email me their address so I can send them a case of Girl Scout cookies....yes a case. I have a lot of freakin' cookies. [email protected]

Thanks

Guys if you have friends or family serving overseas, get me an address and I'll send them a big box filled with Girl Scout cookies.  The cookies were donated and so was the postage.  I'm boxing them up and sending them out.  E-mail the addresses to me at [email protected].

Can I just say thank you?  When I was in Afghanistan 2011-2012, I was there for the major holidays starting with Halloween... We missed thanksgiving, christmas, new years.... it was tough... but people like you and Ira helped so much!!  We would get all kinds of packages from random strangers who just got our names randomly!  School classes, churches, various organizations just trying to share some love.  Not everyones family sends them packages either.  Seeing your name on the mail call package board was always an amazing feeling!! So thank you so much.  I know the 177th NJ ANG is sending a small handfull of our own guys to help out the Maryland Guard unit fill in spots.  I don't know when they are heading out but there will be our neighbors, NJ residents that will be over there for half a year so stuff like this is very amazing!!  (should be in general forum for more exposure rather than in here )