Foyt20

Cranford Turn Around Time

It looks like Cranford PD has dropped their required separate forms for references, and are just taking the reference on the Inital form. So a win, and good on them for changing their method of applications. A step in the right direction.

Just have the question of how long are they taking for a turn around time? Just need a change of address and 2 pistol permits. Anyone have any firsthand knowledge from the last month or two?

Sorry, I don't have any info on turnaround time.

I just wanted to ask, so they are not sending out letters to your references? Meaning, they are giving you the forms for the references to fill out and turn in together with your forms?

Sorry, I don't have any info on turnaround time.

I just wanted to ask, so they are not sending out letters to your references? Meaning, they are giving you the forms for the references to fill out and turn in together with your forms?

Sorry for the delay getting back to you. I don't know the current specific way they are contacting references. But, a long time ago (About 9 years ago) when I got my inital FPID, you had the references on the STS-66 (2) and then Cranford made you get 3 form letters filled out by 3 references, and you had to get them notarized. So they would give you the forms, go through the process of filling everything out (no fill in PDF's back then :)) and getting the 3 reference sheets filled out and notarized. Wasn't a big deal to me at the time, as I just showed up at a fire department meeting where I was a member, handed the three sheets to 3 people, and one of the other members was a notary. Bing bang boom, 10 minutes and I was done.

But, I know after the Perez decision (I think its Perez) that ANJRPC sent out a certified notice to all police departments in NJ, of what the State statutes are on FPID applications, and the forms contained and what was allowed. 

But good on CPD for adjusting their requirements to be in compliance. It shows an ability to adapt to what is required even after years (at least 10) of not complying. Its great that they are open to change.