seamusSU

Any podcast suggestions?

I spend much of my time at work alone in a windowless lab listening to music/ podcasts. I of course have Gun For Hire Radio in the mix but I'm looking for some other ideas.

For anyone that is looking for an idea I highly recommend "Hardcore History". It's an excellent series, especially if you're into military history and the related geopolitics.

I really like Painkiller Already, which evolved from people who play COD on Youtube is really good. They talk about all sorts of things--including guns quite frequently (The one host, Kyle is actually FPSRussia, famous pro-gun youtuber). Lately they've been talking about a survivalist trip they plan to take (and put up on youtube). They're trying to hunt everything they eat, make their own shelter and stuff like that. But they also talk about general stuff, world events, it's an awesome show.

Unfit for FM is really good too, and based out of Burlington County. They haven't posted a show in a few weeks due to internet problems, but their show is hilarious (but not for the easily offended).

If, like me, you're a videogame nerd, you might like The Patch, The Rooster Teeth podcast (both of which are from the web content producer Rooster Teeth). For videogame and anime nerdom, there's Fast Karate for the Gentleman. Video Game News Radio is good because the host is really up-to-date with the game industry, but the other hosts are just middle-aged blue collar divorced dudes. It's pretty funny to hear them make fun of shit, the offshoot show "Midwest Wasteland" isn't focused on videogames, but is more about the hosts telling funny stories from their youth.

I listen to a lot of podcasts, I have about 70 gigs worth on my ipod...

http://www.painkilleralready.info/

www.unfitforfm.com (Website is currently down--look in itunes, or let me know, i'll be able to hook you up)

https://www.facebook.com/VGNRadio

There is one called "we're alive: a story of survival" I have been listening for years. Its excellent. It's about 40 mins each episode. The story begins at the beginning of a zombie outbreak and you meet new characters and it's basically how they survive and the different situations they have to go through. Highly recommend it.

There is one called "we're alive: a story of survival" I have been listening for years. Its excellent. It's about 40 mins each episode. The story begins at the beginning of a zombie outbreak and you meet new characters and it's basically how they survive and the different situations they have to go through. Highly recommend it.

Thanks for this, just listened to the first ep and I'm already hooked!

For any Harry Potter fans on here, check out Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. Instead of him being a naïve kid who just gets lucky, he's a diabolically smart Artemis Fowl type (wow, I've really dated myself here).

http://www.hpmorpodcast.com/

Thanks for this, just listened to the first ep and I'm already hooked!

For any Harry Potter fans on here, check out Harry Potter and the Methods of Rationality. Instead of him being a naïve kid who just gets lucky, he's a diabolically smart Artemis Fowl type (wow, I've really dated myself here).

http://www.hpmorpodcast.com/

This sounds like something right up my alley, i have to remember to check it out.