What Will SCOTUS Do?  

152 members have voted

1. 1. What will the Supreme Court do with the Drake Case?

• Deny the petition to hear the case and remain silent on whether Americans have the right to carry a firearm.
    • Hear the case and rule that the second amendment does NOT guarantee the right to carry a firearm in public.
    • Hear the case and rule that the second amendment DOES guarantee the right to carry a firearm in public.

Even this pessimist is somewhat encouraged. They turned down what appeared to be around 100 cases. I'm not familiar enough with the others that have been relisted to ascertain whether this case is more or less important than they are to the court. Nor have I any idea of the relationship between filing date and when the court decides one way or another. 

If other cases filed later were denied, that's good news. If not, they'll turn it down at some point. 

I'm getting an ulcer. Why do they play these games? We're but one advocacy group that hangs on these decisions as if they're life or death. It all seems a bit inhumane.

Like I said in various places on here, the winner of the re-list prize so far this year is 7+ months of relisting. So don't hold your breath.

On the plus side, the conversion ratio of relisted cases to something other than denial is better.

Good news is after the May 2 conference date, the other conferences in May are scheduled for Thursdays so we will hear on Friday as opposed to waiting the weekend...

If the scotusblog calendar is correct, then orders still aren't released until the following week, despite holding the conference on Thursdays.

Which is why you guys are obsessing over nothing. It could relist over and over... and even if they grant it, then the waiting game begins all over again for them to hear the case. Really expending too much energy into this whole ordeal. Start getting eager when they submit their final opinion if the case gets heard.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Which is why you guys are obsessing over nothing. It could relist over and over... and even if they grant it, then the waiting game begins all over again for them to hear the case. Really expending too much energy into this whole ordeal. Start getting eager when they submit their final opinion if the case gets heard.

No, if they grant it, briefs come and then it gets put on the calendar for orals. There's no waiting or extending. Once it's granted, it's rolling. 

No, if they grant it, briefs come and then it gets put on the calendar for orals. There's no waiting or extending. Once it's granted, it's rolling.

Well yes its rolling, but once its granted they still have to hear arguements, vote, and write an opinion. End of summer at least. This whole thread is a JG Wentworth commercial. "Its my permit and I need it now". Patience is a virtue and humming over it like a kid on christmas eve wont speed the process

Well yes its rolling, but once its granted they still have to hear arguements, vote, and write an opinion. End of summer at least. This whole thread is a JG Wentworth commercial. "Its my permit and I need it now". Patience is a virtue and humming over it like a kid on christmas eve wont speed the process

They most likely will hold this opinion until June 2015 but SCOTUS doesn't typically hold cases between terms. 

Me, I'm being optimistic. In my little world they are going for summary dismissal and it's being relisted because they are debating a proper, detailed judicial test to put in the decision.

They are most likely watching the 9th. I predict relist for a couple more weeks then when gore responds in the 9th we get a grant.

The problem with that us the 9th was operating on a pretty finite timeline. If I understand it right, all the options are back on the table, and it can really drag out. Their record for this is 12 years.