Sig226GuyNJ

Spikes Tactical ST-T2 Buffer

I'm running a carbine buffer in my M&P lower matched with a BCM mid length gas system with a 14.6 inch barrel. It runs flawlessly, but the recoil is a bit more than I'd like it to be. I'm looking at the ST-T2 buffer from Spikes, but don't know if it will be too heavy to run reliably. I was wondering if anyone had one, and would be willing to meet me at CJRPC, and let me put it in my AR for a few rounds so I can see if it runs reliably before I spend $40 on it. Thanks in advance guys.

Carbine buffers

Car std 3.0oz
Car H 3.8oz

Spikes T2 - 4.3 oz
Car H2 4.6oz
Car H3 5.4oz

You can use the heaviest that cycles your firearm.  Ammo charge weights and bullet weights will effect this.

Carbine buffers

Car std 3.0oz

Car H 3.8oz

Spikes T2 - 4.3 oz

Car H2 4.6oz

Car H3 5.4oz

You can use the heaviest that cycles your firearm.  Ammo charge weights and bullet weights will effect this.

Yup. That's what I plan to do, but I don't want to start buying buffers to see if it works or not. That's why I was wondering if anyone was willing to meet me and let me use theirs for a mag or two. Thanks for the weight specs!

i run a Spikes T2 in my 16" BCM mid-length, standard Spike's BCG...no issues at all.  it's the only buffer i've ever had in that rifle and i've never had an issue shooting 223 and 556 of all different grains, brass and steel.  as for felt recoil, i'm not a big guy, but not tiny either and it's always amazed me that there isn't more felt recoil.  not sure if that's because of the buffer or my forty inch waist ;)

i run a Spikes T2 in my 16" BCM mid-length, standard Spike's BCG...no issues at all.  it's the only buffer i've ever had in that rifle and i've never had an issue shooting 223 and 556 of all different grains, brass and steel.  as for felt recoil, i'm not a big guy, but not tiny either and it's always amazed me that there isn't more felt recoil.  not sure if that's because of the buffer or my forty inch waist ;)

Does it function flawlessly with lesser powered ammo? Do you think it will function with a 14.5 inch barrel?

i run a T2 as well on a piston system, my reason for switching was the original buffer sounded like sand sloshing everytime i shot it. That bothered me a whole lot.

I advice you to buy it if you cant find anybody to let you use theirs, you can always sell it in the marketplace

It was PMC stuff I believe. Not military grade. Bcm is knoen to have a small gas port. It was also brandy new so maybe I could've used more lube. I dunno.

Thanks checko. I have military grade ammo but also commercial grade including PMC. I guess I'll see how she does as I ordered it 5 mins I saw your above post. Appreciate your input.

Want to see how you like it. Looking into maybe getting one.

I have a spikes14.5 mid length gas and a stag arms carbine buffer and spring. No idea the weight but was looking into putting the spikes buffer with the spikes upper. Feel like it would just work better together.

Want to see how you like it. Looking into maybe getting one.

I have a spikes14.5 mid length gas and a stag arms carbine buffer and spring. No idea the weight but was looking into putting the spikes buffer with the spikes upper. Feel like it would just work better together.

Will do. Amazon says I should receive it tomorrow, but I think that's unlikely as I ordered it last night standard mail. I'll try and get to the range next weekend and I'll let ya know.

Recoil or muzzle flip? 

I have a 16" mid length and I've been trying to control muzzle flip and went with a H buffer with a new buffer spring that's supposedly better. I have a Levang muzzle brake so if the H buffer doesn't help, I'll probably get a new brake installed. Sucks I can't try a few before pinning it and have to rely on reviews on the net. I have a Spike's Dynacomp for my new 14.5" build but thought about installing it on my 16".

Recoil or muzzle flip? 

I have a 16" mid length and I've been trying to control muzzle flip and went with a H buffer with a new buffer spring that's supposedly better. I have a Levang muzzle brake so if the H buffer doesn't help, I'll probably get a new brake installed. Sucks I can't try a few before pinning it and have to rely on reviews on the net. I have a Spike's Dynacomp for my new 14.5" build but thought about installing it on my 16".

I have a Surefire MB556K brake which produces hardly any muzzle flip. But it's the recoil I'm trying to tame.

Out of curiosity how do you grip the rifle?

You mean with my support hand? I'm not sure if there is an actual term for it, but support hand on rail with hand 3/4 of the way on top of the rail. Does that make any sense? It's really not alot of recoil. I'm kidding when I say I'm a wuss. I have no problems shooting it all at. I'd just like to get it as soft as I can.