SgtToadette

REMINDER: Mercer Country Meetup this Saturday (4/19)

Hey Gents,

Just a reminder that we are still on for the meetup this Saturday. In case you missed the original thread, the meetup will occur at the Starbucks located right off Route 31 in Pennington. The exact address is 800 A Denow Rd, Pennington, NJ 08534. It's the same shopping center as the Stop 'N Shop. We're looking to start up at 6:00pm. I'll try to be there earlier along with Bob.

Couple notes:

• Please remember to dress appropriately for the weather. It's looking like it will be a chilly night, so layer up if need be.
  • Since outdoor seating is often limited, it would be much appreciated if you could bring a folding chair or similar sitting device.

We'll stay as long as we're comfortable/welcome. I hope to see as may people there as possible. If you're coming, please mention it here so we have an idea of who's coming.

See you guys there!

qLB5yXi.gif

EDIT: The day is Saturday, not Friday.

Being a Mercer County resident isn't a requirement - we welcome anybody from the board and their friends. If your willing to schlep to Starbucks you're welcome to join us.

This Starbucks is north of the Rt 31 / I-95 interchange and south of the Pennington Circle on Rt 31. It is visible from Rt 31, as it is on the end of the shopping center, that fronts on Denow Rd. If you are coming north, you can pass it and enter the parking lot just north of the store. Coming south? Once you see it, exit into the jug handle and either hang a left and go to the north entrance or go straight across 31 on Denow and enter the lot at Stop' n Shop.

We probably had about 20 - 25 people at the last one of these. It's pretty free form, just a bunch of people with a common interest, swapping stories and knowledge, only FTF rather than in the forum.

I'll be the fat, old bearded guy with the brown dog (GSP), for those that don't know me. Hope to see you there.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Can't make this one...I'll be headed to Manhattan with the Mrs & 12 friends for an evening of debauchery at Lucky Cheng's. I'll have to try for the next one.

This signature is AWESOME!!!

It's still early in the year. We have 3 seasons ahead of us for suitable weather. This will surely not be the last event.

I was really looking forward to meeting up again, but it turns out Sat. night Easter service is the only time my family can get together for church. Funny thing is we'll be about 10 minutes away from you guys. I hope we can plan more meets because I enjoyed the company my first one last year. No offense Bob, but I was really looking forward to seeing Maggie again (sans her getting sick on the dog treat). Hope you guys have a great time!

I don't want to turn this into a flea market tomorrow night, but with like-minded people coming together, I'll just mention that I have 750 rounds of Federal American Eagle .45 ACP, 230 gr FMJ RN that I would like to divest myself of at $22 per box of 50. I'll have it with me. Buyers must have valid FPID or pink from a P2P.

See you there.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

It was great to see some familiar faces (og, Bob & Maggie) as well as meet some new folks. I'm sorry for the quick fly-by, but I was late getting off the water and had to get home beofre my wife called out the Coast Guard. Ha, ha, ha! Thanks to Jon for hooking memup with floaties for my glasses. I'll keep a pair in the kayak and one in my vest.

Another successful gathering. It was nice to see some new faces as well as those that have participated in the past.

There was some talk about doing one of these during the summer and having a pot-luck kind of BBQ - that works for me, but will take considerably more organizational skill than typically goes into these get-togethers. Maybe July? I'll float this idea on the board as we get into the summer months.

Sadie was unexpected, but it was good that Maggie had a companion, and better still that they got along. Now if only those birds would quit teasing Maggie.

Good to see you all. Stay safe.

Adios,

Pizza Bob