Vicious

SIG p226 or Beretta 92fs (or M9 variant)

While holding the Beretta (empty) it seemed a little muzzle heavy.

Congrats and enjoy.  You are correct that when empty the 92 is a little front heavy, that's why I always keep mine filed to the brim with empty headed boollits.  ;-)

Not sure if you had a chance to shoot either gun, but a lot of ranges will rent guns for a small amount. I would rent both and decide from there. My wife did that for her P30,once she was able to shoot the rental, she was at the LGS the next day to purchase one.

If you decided on the Sig, I suggest you consider buying the Classic version in .22lr, and then buy the x-change kit in the caliber you want.  Total price when I did that with my 229 was less than if I bought the main caliber by itself.   

Comment late to the game, but:

For the M9/92FS, there is a .22 conversion kit. You can put a .40 96 upper on the M9/92 and you can put a .357 Sig conversion barrel (BarSto) in the .40 upper, as well. That gives you 4 calibers in one gun. Last, being able to use the same mags in the CX4 Storm carbine is a bonus.