vladtepes

bugsy group buy resolution thread

*THIS SITUATION HAS LONG BEEN DEAD, UNSTICKING TOPIC*

http://njgunforums.com/forum/index.php/topic/66701-eotech-exps2-1-exps2-2-group-buy-official-ordering-thread/

I have been asked to lock the old thread so it can not be edited 

please continue any discussion here..

Yea -- It's getting time to gather evidence for the Police -- Appreciate you locking the thread

I actually made contact with Square -- They are looking into my refund and to see if it actually exists

I did also contact my CC company and start a dispute --  They seem to be interested in the thread as well

Thanks for locking the original thread,  Unfortunately it looks like we are going to need the info there --Unaltered

Yea -- It's getting time to gather evidence for the Police -- Appreciate you locking the thread

I actually made contact with Square -- They are looking into my refund and to see if it actually exists

I did also contact my CC company and start a dispute --  They seem to be interested in the thread as well

Thanks for locking the original thread,  Unfortunately it looks like we are going to need the info there --Unaltered

good luck with it all..

I have no dog in this fight whatsoever, I just wanted to bring forward a point that others may not have thought of.

With charges being filed, this web forum is going to be getting a lot of attention from the authorities. If it goes to trial, it will be getting a good looking over by lawyers and researchers on both sides looking for anything they can use against anyone involved.

Please use discretion here and be prudent with how you all decide to proceed.

A little more patience may yield acceptable results while keeping this forum as we like it and save Maksim a lot of subpoena headaches as well.

Carry on.

For any of those looking to file police reports. I know you are supposed to file with your own department but call down to the department where he resides and see if they would take it. 7 or 8 reports of the same person in one department will get more results than one report in a department further away

For any of those looking to file police reports. I know you are supposed to file with your own department but call down to the department where he resides and see if they would take it. 7 or 8 reports of the same person in one department will get more results than one report in a department further away

THIS

I may indirectly know some EHT cops.. I know I used to.. but its been a few years.. 

Simple Solution..

Dispute the charges... You will get the money back from your CC regardless if the money exists or if Square closed his account....

I get this part and I've been as patient as ever waiting for money to be refunded --  The point is... this guy is scum -- he wants the CC companies to refund each of us  --this way he doesn't have to  

No CC co is going to waste their time on less than $500 -- it'll cost them more to take ryan to court 

What High Exposure says does hold some weight -- I don't want this forum altered in any way from this experience -- well maybe if the marketplace went to to the old format :) 

Anyway -- My local PD detective is a good friend of mine -- I haven't even told him about this yet  -- didn't want it to be a bother -- he's got more important things to do  

I do know, when I do involve him, everything will be in a folder -- made as easy as I can for him -- cause I know that he's gonna go all out once he's involved

I'm not sure what would be better -- 7 different charges from 7 different municipalities or 1 charge from EHT with 7 different victims --  1 charge was my initial thought but Jon implied that we had to file with our hometown

We should probably exchange emails or phone numbers between all of us and keep in touch -- Privately  --  I'll be putting my folder together this weekend --

Ryan -- Time is up    

to me there are two parts to this..

one is recovery of the funds..

but the second equally important part is to get this guy involved with the police in some way..

this is not the first time he had magical problems keeping his end of the bargain.. and I am sure it wont be the last.. 

I understand the sights were shipped on Malaysian Airlines Flight 370.

That explains it!

Really, this guy keeps coming back to say how badly he handled this, how he screwed it up and didn't follow up and he just wants to make sure everyone gets their refund.

Not once has he shown any proof that the sights ever existed. Pretty tough to convince people that you're not a p.o.s. crook when you are asked repeatedly to show some proof and every time you come on here you just say"I'm sorry, I screwed this up, bad me".

B.S. dude.

So having read that previous thread, my advice for those affected who paid with a credit card is the same as provided by Steve/remixer:

File a chargeback right away.  Even if he doesn't have the money in his linked bank account, you will get the money from your issuing bank and they'll take the money from his account.  Even if it's zero or negative, they'll get the money and then the bank that has that account will go after him to get the money to clear the negative balance.  If he has another account with that bank, they'll take it from that account.  In any event, you the purchaser get your money back.

Had I seen that thread earlier, I would have remarked that refunds should hit your card within two to four business days.  With the exception of one instance when Payment Alliance, the merchant processor I was using at the time, had some internal screwup where the refund I issued was not passed on to Global (the system/company that moves the money).  This happened in Jan/Feb of 2013 and affected a number of merchants.

I filed the charge back and got the temp refund. This is why I've been so calm. I was the one who was prematurely losses at how long this was taking.

I was trying to wait for the final results before doing anything else prematurely. As I stated before, I had taken off from work on Monday. I will make a stop down at my local PD. I also have class Monday night and my teacher is a federal agent, not sure where. I will ask for his advice without mentioning the forum.

As a side note, I may and I mean may be able to do a group buy for these optics if you guys get your $$ back.

The funds would be held in escrow, until all of you receive your optics. Could also do it through a trusted forum vendor such as TJ Sporting Arms.

I know trust isn't high at the moment but I feel that I can help you folks if given the chance.

I had numerous dealings here and more than a few members know my address etc...it's ip to you guys if you want me to help, if not, I'm not offended.

Thanks Bryan. I took this as a sign to go a completely different route. I already have a PRO and the better PA magnifier. I don't know how everyone else feels about group buys or not buying from a bigger company after this acres up. I know that Ryan isn't going to put a bad taste in my mouth over the forum. Plenty of good people here that have helped me out thus far. I hope everyone can find a good deal on their optics though.

Holy hannah.  

For the folks affected, I feel extermely bad that this happened.  It seems like only 1 person paid by check the rest by credit card?

David got his money order bac.

For the rest of you, PLEASE FILE DISPUTES WITH YOUR CC.  That is what credit card protections are for.  Right now that is probably more important than any excuse Ryan can provide.  In reality, it does not matter.  

End of the day, it is a lesson learned and you wasted your time.  I do feel extremely puzzled, particularly as he has been a member for a while and 21 positive feedbacks.  

I lean on the side that he just fell apart by whatever circumstances.  In all honesty, who would want to go through all this trouble for a mere $3k?

First and foremost get your money back, ASAP.  Most cards have time limits within which you can file disputes, iirc, most are 6 months, but do it as soon as you can. 

If you feel you want to pursue it further, let us know how we can help.  The data is archived, and will help get the information that is required... just ask.  If someone wants to discuss this, I got a number just for forum related stuff, 386 315 0099.  (yes, it is a FL number, no, I am not moving. ) 

Ryan, I would love to discuss this personally.  

Edited by djg0770
;)

Thanks for the kind words Blake.

If somebody could post a list of what people were looking for, I will call the supplier tomorrow. I can get a handle on what is in stock etc...

Thanks for the offer but I was really only jumping on the deal itself -- wasn't really looking for an optic but saw a deal that seemed "too good to pass up" -- 

This changes nothing for me on the forum -- Lots of good people here --

I will jump in on another "group buy" when it's something I feel a good deal --  I buy lots of things I don't really need -- This won't stop  

Maksim -- Thank you for the support --  I doubt Ryan has the nuts to call you

I did get 1 PM from another party involved -- we exchanged info --  

Like Blue line says -- together as 1 charge with 7 victims this is real money with the potential for real penalties for Ryan --not just a slap on the wrist

Holy hannah.

For the folks affected, I feel extermely bad that this happened. It seems like only 1 person paid by check the rest by credit card?

David got his money order bac.

For the rest of you, PLEASE FILE DISPUTES WITH YOUR CC. That is what credit card protections are for. Right now that is probably more important than any excuse Ryan can provide. In reality, it does not matter.

End of the day, it is a lesson learned and you wasted your time. I do feel extremely puzzled, particularly as he has been a member for a while and 21 positive feedbacks.

I lean on the side that he just fell apart by whatever circumstances. In all honesty, who would want to go through all this trouble for a mere $3k?

First and foremost get your money back, ASAP. Most cards have limits to time you can file dispute, iirc, most are 6 months, but do it as soon as you can.

If you feel you want to pursue it further, let us know how we can help. The data is archived, and will help get the information that is required... just ask. If someone wants to discuss this, I got a number just for forum related stuff, 386 315 0099. (yes, it is a FL number, no, I am not moving. )

Ryan, I would love to discuss this personally.

Mak - I will give you a call later this morning.

One thing to note is if he was trying to screw somebody, he'd be long gone and not answering forum questions etc...

So I would take stock in that. Blkshp has dealt with him also, I doubt he had bad intentions, just seems like it turned into a shit show.

I knows words have very little if any standing with each of you involved. But I am here to tell you that I did not intend for things to happen the way they did.

I know nobody wants to hear any excuses from me and I am not giving one. I am only here to say that I will repay the money owed either to you directly with a money order or you can file a claim with your credit card company and I will provide you with proof that I paid the chargeback to the credit card company. There are members here who believe that I want you to file a claim so I can skate by without paying the money back and I want to prove that this is not so.

Regardless of what some may say, I did not try to screw anyone out of their money. I did not try to get a quick loan from anyone. I simply mismanaged a group buy and didn't fulfill my end of things. I have not once said I would not provide a refund to anyone. I processed the first refund just as I said and he got his money order as I described, the refunds processed from square were not completed and I am working to resolve this quickly. I didn't become a member of this forum to make over 400 posts and meet numerous members in person and at the range, build a positive feedback profile just to screw a few people out of less than $3000 total and face criminal charges. I did not run away from the forum and try to "fade away" in hopes that things will blow over. I've been back consistently to try and bring this ordeal to a amicable conclusion for all parties involved.

My actions and handling of the group by are by far less than stellar. I will be contacting each of you later today to discuss arrangements to get you your money/refund back as quickly as possible.

Again I apologize to everyone.

Ryan,

Just send everyone who has not gotten their money back a money order, tracked. And send pictures of the money order to each buyer once you have them. Today. Criminal charges on Monday, if people don't see action is my guess.

For my part, I filed with my CC company and they put the funds back in my account. However, this is not the same as Ryan paying back what he owes.

Multiple phone calls this morning from Ryan -- TO LATE FOR ME -- He's nervous about the charges coming and is the only reason he called

Unfortunately I can't talk to him because I don't believe a word that comes out of his mouth -- He's proved himself as a liar 

To me, the lowest of a low in a mans life is when no one believes you -- Ryan your word means nothing to me and I gave you plenty of chances

Please do not call me again -- If you wish to contact me please do so thru PM's on this forum -  All correspondence between us will be documented and I will not talk to you on the phone

You did this to yourself -- time to pay the piper

Unfortunately, my CC company advised that I file charges with my local PD as part of their investigation.

Although your CC company will credit you the disputed amount while there's an investigation pending, that credit can always be "clawed back".

For anyone wanting to follow up with Square like I did, I used the following link https://squareup.com/help/en-us/contact#continue

Please cite your CC type (e.g. Visa), last four digits of the CC used, date of purchase, Vendor name, Square Marketplace order number, and date of refund notification to facilitate.  Unfortunately, their customer service is notoriously bad.  It took me 3 days to get an email back.  When Square emails back, please copy down the Case Number in the lower right corner as part of your documentation.

Unfortunately, my CC company advised that I file charges with my local PD as part of their investigation.

Although your CC company will credit you the disputed amount while there's an investigation pending, that credit can always be "clawed back".

I did fill out the dispute form online yesterday early -- dispute resolution did call but I was unable to answer -- I've been trying to call them back since -- Ryan tried to tell me the process today, over the phone, of course he left out the part about charges

I've never needed to file a dispute ever -- its all new to me so I'm learning as I go along