MosinRob

Places for sporting clays

I have never been but I have heard of

Cedar Creek Sporting Clays

Millville

Red Wings Sporting Clays  

Port Republic   

Cedar Creek is A really nice course. 5 min ride for me. Courses for the beginner right up to Championship course. Joe runs A great place, Plus he is A accomplished shooter himself and instructor.

Red Wing is A nice place, All wooded with many options. Plus 5 Stand. They are coming to the time that they shut down the clays. Due to the bugs from the meadow and the Campground is now opening.

Have to add Quinton . Great place Clays, Skeet, Trap,5 stand. Pistol range for members. Plus A great clubhouse for dinner or breakfast.

I've been to Cedar Creek, Red Wing and Lehigh.  Also been to Bloomsburg, PA for a place called Whitetail Preserve.  All nice, but Lehigh gets the nod for lay-out, customer service, clean indoor ac and heated rest rooms, water stations, porta-potties along the course, enclosed heated gazebo in winter 1/2 way thru the course.  Members also get invited to "Steak Nights" where you shoot and eat on those picnic tables they have in the garage.   Members also receive free rentals if their gun breaks or they bring a friend w/o a gun. 

I'm literally ten minutes from M&M and I've never been there. Drive by it on the way to Walmart all the time, and just never stopped to check it out. Always assumed it was super high end expensive.

Same here, drove past the place everyday for over 30 years, never stopped to check it out. Last year my son in law convinced me to go with him for a hundred rounds - it was GREAT! I've been back a few times, and I'm even looking into a new barrel for my 1100, or possibly a new shotgun getting an edge on my hits.

http://www.mmhunting.com

We hit Whitetail preserve when we camp in July over by Knoebels. That is A nice place. Shoot A round of clays, Have A box of Handgun ammo with me and stop at the pistol range and run the handgun A bit. Reholster and back to the camping. Just cant beat it.

How many stations?

What do they get a bird?

Any online info?

It's $75/100 birds on a ten station course, or $100/100 birds on a twenty station course. That includes a trapper. You can bring your own ammo but it must be fiber wads. They rent guns, golf carts, and sell ammo on-site.

I live down the street from Hudson Guild. Its a bunch of rich asswhipes that cant shoot to save their lives. The guys show up in helicopters and rolls Royce limousines, with their butler's carrying their $100K shotguns, dressed like Elmer Fudd lol. When they first opened about a decade ago, I used to run my dogs in there for them with another local guy. The hunting/shooting skills of the members are a joke. I believe the NJOA is having a $75 shoot there on May 4th if your really interested in checking the place out. I have to admit the property is beautiful.

http://www.njoutdooralliance.org/njoa-sporting-clays/

Hoighty toighty.. Is really not my scene....

:)

Ditto my brother! But I wouldn't let that chase you away. It is actually a very nice preserve. I'm buddies with the guy that runs the place. The staff are very cool. And I did meet some life members that even though could afford 6 figures for a life membership to the place, were very down to earth nice guys. Just some of them make you want to throw up in your mouth when they speak. The NJOA shoot will be more of your "average Joe" crowd, and would be a better weekend to check the place out.

Savages... :D

I'm not judging you for liking the place. It is very nice, but you know the deal there I don't have to tell you. I will also admit to loving to play golf on very nice country club courses as well. I have been invited to play a few in my life and I learned not to turn down the opportunity.

Whatever you do stay away from the NJOA events, those fools endorsed Sweeney and Norcross.

I'm not happy about that either and i didn't renew my membership because of it. I wouldn't donate to them, but attending the clay shoot as a cheap way to run the guild property isn't a horrible thing. Use the NJOA for anything you can get from them. I got into a huge e-mail argument with Anthony M. over the whole endorsement of the dumbocrat scum. He accused me of "not being capable of critical thinking" that's when I basically told him to go Eff himself, and promised zero support from me or any hunting related organizations I belong to. I also told him when he again emailed me to attend the clay shoot, that I couldn't afford it this year because I needed to use the $75 entry fee to go buy 10 round magazines for my rifles lol. He didn't answer me back this time.:)

The "bent nosers" at NJOA need an attitude adjustment.  Kudos to those who have seen the handwriting on the wall.  I was invited to a shoot there once, while a very nice place, IMHO not worth the price for the "entertainment".  Left with way less in the pocket than I planned, and the money spent was not worth the look around.  Sort of a giant tourist "trap" if you ask me.  Two rounds at LVSC much better day.

I wish the clays course at Pocono Manor would have made it.  That was a nice course in the woods, rustic, and lots of walking.

I wish the clays course at Pocono Manor would have made it. That was a nice course in the woods, rustic, and lots of walking.

I never shot there but I heard good things about it. Apparently it was a mess in regard to the management of it, and who owned what. One of my favorites was Big Spring up in Sussex. For those who remember "The Pit" would surely agree it was fast and furious. Another great track is Mid Hudson Sporting Clays in New Paltz, NY. Good people and good targets.

Skytop in the Poconos is suppose to be open to the public again.  Thinking of making a trip up there to see.  I used to know the head chef there, have to look into it.

Buttonwood Game Preserve near Philipsburg, NJ, is open too, only by advance appointment.  Never made it there, maybe worth a try, even for the NJGF shotgun gang.