Sign in to follow this  
XDm9-3.8

Ocean County Police/Fire Scanner

Having some problems recently with my Radio Shack Pro-197 picking up Ocean County Trunking system.  Worked fine for a long time but stopped working for me sometime in the past 6-8 weeks, not sure of exact date.  I am located in Northern Atlantic County, but never had a problem receiving the trunking system for Ocean.  Anyone that can lend a hand with a file or can have me run my settings by them we can take this to PM.  Thanks!

Many digital systems can be scanned just fine.  Encrypted digital (which many LE agencies have gone to) is another story.  Most fire and EMS remain unencrypted.

Good idea about Scanner Radio.  Just installed that on my Android.  Hearing dispatches on the UHF channel but not hearing the in service responses on the trunked system on either my scanner nor on Scanner Radio for Ocean County. 

Check radioreference.com. Maybe their frequencies or talk groups changed? I know other counties systems (Burlington and Camden) have changed recently. There is also a long-term plan to align and integrate all the country systems so they can interoperate.

Yes, thanks about RR, first place I went.  No updates on RR since 2013 (added a prosecutor talkgroup).  Put a post up on their forums a couple days ago and haven't gotten any response that helps.  Thanks for posting about Burlington, I listen to the SE Burl Co stuff and that has been silently recently, as well, will check RR for those updates and see if I can get that going again.