Gunnz

Amend the Constitution .... Good thing he retired....

I read that as well, it is quite scary how individuals who are supposedly well learned and educated in law can make statements such as those made by Mr. Stevens.

And of course he can pitch all the changes he wants but last time I checked there was a process that needed to be followed in order to make any changes to the Constitution.  What really bothers me is the number of people, progressives mostly, who feel that the US Constitution is actually standing in the way of their agenda and they have no problem going around it any way they can. 

The fact that he lamented how difficult it was to amend the constitution (and in fact called it a 'flaw') was what annoyed me the most. It was purposely made difficult you nimrod. So people like you can't change it on an emotion-based whim.

Sure glad he's retired. Frightening to think others think like him.

The fact that he lamented how difficult it was to amend the constitution (and in fact called it a 'flaw') was what annoyed me the most. It was purposely made difficult you nimrod. So people like you can't change it on an emotion-based whim.

Sure glad he's retired. Frightening to think others think like him.

Frightening to think that so many others think like him

I don't understand-- you want the ability to change the constitution made easier? So people like him and Bloomberg can change the 2nd amendment?

No actually the opposite, there are so many that want to make changing the constitution easier, or even want to flat out ignore it all together, and I see this number of lets call them "progressives" increasing.  That is what concerns me.

2ij29dz.jpg

another Washington hack taking the 5th...

Don't forget about Feinstein being outraged that the CIA acted "unconstitutionally" in spying on Congress, while she no qualms about trashing the Constitution when she wants more restrictions on gun owners.

BTW, I find it amusing how when liberals find the Constitution inconvenient, they love to refer to it as an outdated, "living, breathing document."

Don't forget about Feinstein being outraged that the CIA acted "unconstitutionally" in spying on Congress, while she no qualms about trashing the Constitution when she wants more restrictions on gun owners.

BTW, I find it amusing how when liberals find the Constitution inconvenient, they love to refer to it as an outdated, "living, breathing document."

Makes one think why even do they even bother take the oath…