revenger

Any updates on James Kaleda

James moved to Pa and applied for out of state FPID

Basically, NJSP said he lied about something on his application and issued a warrant for his arrest.

PA troopers went to his residence and arrested him, He sat in a jail in PA for a week or so waiting to be extradited to NJ. Evan Nappen is his lawyer and eventually got him released on Bail.

No one knows what the alleged lies were, Nappen has advised his client to say nothing till hearing.

James moved to Pa and applied for out of state FPID

Basically, NJSP said he lied about something on his application and issued a warrant for his arrest.

PA troopers went to his residence and arrested him, He sat in a jail in PA for a week or so waiting to be extradited to NJ. Evan Nappen is his lawyer and eventually got him released on Bail.

No one knows what the alleged lies were, Nappen has advised his client to say nothing till hearing.

Thanks.

Did he really move or "move" and that was the issue?

I am sure it had to be something really crazy to piss off the NJSP to go that far.

I have seen and spoken with James several times, both prior to and after his arrest.  Knowing that Nappen gagged him, I did the RIGHT thing and never brought it up!  I also participated (by driving all around NJ collecting baked goods from members of the Second Amendment Women Shooting Club) in the Bake Sale held at the Woodland Park Range last month.  Stood right next to him and talked about Bow Hunting.  It's called respect.  When the man can talk about it, he will.  For now, just show respect for our Brother Patriot.

As to WHY he applied for a Non-Resident NJFID:  Living in PA restricts him to the "directly to and from" firearms laws of transport while attending matches or a practice at a range in NJ.  Wanting to stop and eat, visit NJ friends, etc., even with long guns secured in the trunk of your car is prohibited, so he applied for a Non-Resident NJFID.  Being able to buy ammo and/or firearms in NJ is merely secondary.  

Dave

As to WHY he applied for a Non-Resident NJFID:  Living in PA restricts him to the "directly to and from" firearms laws of transport while attending matches or a practice at a range in NJ.  Wanting to stop and eat, visit NJ friends, etc., even with long guns secured in the trunk of your car is prohibited, so he applied for a Non-Resident NJFID.  Being able to buy ammo and/or firearms in NJ is merely secondary.  

Only for long guns. The other thing that a NJFID allows you to do is buy handgun ammo in NJ. 

Only for long guns. The other thing that a NJFID allows you to do is buy handgun ammo in NJ. 

YES and I already ^^I stated this:  Wanting to stop and eat, visit NJ friends, etc., EVEN WITH LONG GUNS SECURED IN THE TRUNK OF YOUR CAR IS PROHIBITED, so he applied for a Non-Resident NJFID".  I guess ya missed it, lol.  I didn't bother even bringing up hand guns since everybody here already KNOWS how to read archived threads, stickys, Nappen, etc.  Perhaps of late I presume too much?

As for hand gun ammo, well, if a Non-Resident from a free state (who doesn't even have a gun permit) rents a hand gun and buys ammo for it, and some finds it's way out of said range in a rifle case (by pure accident, of course), how many gray hairs does THAT split Ryan, lol?  

the problem with the poster people for nj gun rights... aitken, Keith... all screwed up at one point or not, however the vocal gun rights people choose to ignore a lot of things.

I am sure it was over blown... but I highly doubt the NJ State Police would go out of their way to arrest James if something was not 100% kosher. 

This also goes to a greater debate, but there is a difference between being right and being effective.  A nail that sticks out gets hammered.

Why is it that guys like Frank F and Scott Bach do not get arrested?  Because they are effective in how they go about it. Putting "out of order" as part of your facebook profile page name.... well, you have to have the expectation something would be amiss.

I still highly doubt there was absolutely nothing wrong that he did... however the precedents have proven otherwise.  I hope I am wrong on it this time.

This was definitely a political retribution sort of thing.  In my opinion Donald Norcross is one of the most crooked yet influential politicians in NJ.  You get on his bad side, you are toast.

He's the one who got Corzine elected and the story goes that Corzine received his marching orders from Norcross every single morning. 

This was definitely a political retribution sort of thing.  In my opinion Donald Norcross is one of the most crooked yet influential politicians in NJ.  You get on his bad side, you are toast.

He's the one who got Corzine elected and the story goes that Corzine received his marching orders from Norcross every single morning.

I think you're thinking of is brother George. He isn't an elected official, but runs the Dems.

Still maximum OpSec on this?  He's all over my facebook feed with postings, but never on anything related to this situation.

Quite a different tone than his case with Shaneen Allen...They wanted all the publicity they could get with that.  Makes me wonder why this case is all hush hush.