Kaiser7

So do you guys think I ought to look for a new job...?

Not entirely true.  There are at least two fragrance manufacturers in NJ who might delight in your botanical love.

Really? That's interesting. Granted, I want to GTFO of NJ as soon as I graduate (I should mention right now, I'm not graduating this year, I'm graduating next May--got kinda screwed with credits and scheduling). 

Agree with T Bill here.  I would keep your records from this job for 15 years into the future until you're QUITE sure that the SSA has it recorded properly.  If they're cheating on sales tax, they're likely cheating on all the other payroll taxes too, workman's comp, unemployment, etc etc

I don't think she actually purposely "cheated" I think it has to do with the whole store changing hands thing. Though, ironically, she is a democrat who once threatened to fire me for being pro-gun. 

I made a tonnof money working in restaurants when I was in high school and college. Very flexible schedules and good money. Just have to find the right place

Yeah, I keep wondering, if, at this point, I should try and find something that's somewhat pertaining to bio, even if only tangentially.  This whole thing is so sudden, I have no clue what to do. She didn't give us any warning, and she's claiming it will be straightened out in a few days, but I'm not sure.

And they love their fungi in Chester County...mushroom capital of the US.

Actually, I'm doing research on fungi this summer, and taking mycology in the fall.

Part of my concern is the timing. I'm not able to set a schedule yet as I don't know what commitments I have for the research.

Should've found a new job then and told her to piss off.

I sort of did, I worked doing property management down in Ocean and Atlantic Cities, however I got laid off from that job because the state of NJ was taking so long to issue permits, that there wasn't any work for me.

Yup.. i worked my entire college career for a catering company.. Friday Sat and Sunday... made a ton of money doing little work... but it killed my weekends.. well worth the trade off while all my friends blew there money at the bars... When the summer rolled around i just picked up more hours during the week.

yea i did the same from high school into college worked whenever i could. During high school every saturday and sunday. During college friday sat sunday and during the week whenever i didnt have class. Catering you can make good tips. During graduation season i used to make around $200 on a saturday in tips plus $10 an hour. But be prepared for no weekends. But the plus side you aren't busy on weekdays so you can go to the range on weekdays instead of busy weekends.

yea i did the same from high school into college worked whenever i could. During high school every saturday and sunday. During college friday sat sunday and during the week whenever i didnt have class. Catering you can make good tips. During graduation season i used to make around $200 on a saturday in tips plus $10 an hour. But be prepared for no weekends. But the plus side you aren't busy on weekdays so you can go to the range on weekdays instead of busy weekends.

I'm considering it. I just have to find out what the deal is with my research. I've never done research before, so I have no clue when I'll need to be available to do that. It seems I can't act to resolve this issue until next Thursday when I meet with the professors.

If only this happened in a few weeks, I'd be able to find something, but boy, coming right at finals, with the unknown of research and stuff, I have no clue if I should wait to see what's up, or what to do. :(

I'm kinda thinking though, that even though selling  Christian gifts was nice, easy job, and I liked being able to help people by talking to them when they were going through a rough spot, I definitely need something better paying anyway. Guess this is the sign I need to take action, and find a different job.

I would make it a priority to update the resume and start trying to get some interviews lined up. As suggested, keep all your records for this job just to be safe.

Good luck and wish you the best.