lunker

Tiny from Shore Shot

I know that a fair number of folks in the Central Jersey range have frequented Shore Shot, so I figured I would pass along some sad news. James, aka "Tiny", passed away a few days ago. He was a one of a kind guy. Usually gruff, occasionally a jerk, but (IMO) at heart a real good guy. He was a fixture at Shore Shot. Somebody told me he was a fixture at the range that was there before Shore Shot too. I can attribute my appreciation for 10mm to him. It will seem a different place going there and not seeing him.

post-1293-0-98649100-1398784861_thumb.jpg

Tiny used to loan me any of his own handguns to shoot. Nice guy! Sad to hear he is gone. He had a vast collection. RIP Tiny! He was there at the inner circle also. Lots of years.

Damn, I had a few interactions with Tiny he sold me one of my hand guns and I got to witness him forcing a lady to buy a sig P226 that she dropped on the floor when looking at it from the case. He was one of those guys that had a good heart but was hardened by life I believe he was a marine as well, if you were a reasonable person and not annoying he got along with you. RIP Tiny.

Damn, I had a few interactions with Tiny he sold me one of my hand guns and I got to witness him forcing a lady to buy a sig P226 that she dropped on the floor when looking at it from the case. He was one of those guys that had a good heart but was hardened by life I believe he was a marine as well, if you were a reasonable person and not annoying he got along with you. RIP Tiny.

Tiny did not suffer fools gladly. 

Whenever he got a new toy, he wanted to show it off and let people try it. It probably cost me a few dollars. 

I am not sure how I managed to avoid buying one of those Coonan 1911's in 357 mag. :)

I read all of your post Chris and didn't know who it was until I saw the picture. He sold me my 75B. It was the only thing I've ever bought from SS. He was very stern when I wanted to see and fondle it but seemed to get a little friendlier as time went on and he realized I knew a lot about shooting even though I was young(er). He seemed to underestimate me yet warmed up, and I liked that. Sorry to hear of this news.

1563621, on 29 Apr 2014 - 2:24 PM, said:

Tiny used to loan me any of his own handguns to shoot. Nice guy! Sad to hear he is gone. He had a vast collection. RIP Tiny! He was there at the inner circle also. Lots of years.

He started selling his vast collection to fund upgrades to his motorcycle. I bought my 625 and 610 from him several years ago. He had a safe in the corner with his personal stuff in it for sale. I think he told me his wife is (was) a doctor and she helped buy all those guns! RIP Tiny, AKA: James Taylor.