Shawnmoore81

Cabelas in del grand opening

A ribbon cutting ceremony, hosted by Cabela's executives and special guests, will begin at 10:45 a.m. and doors will open for business at 11 a.m. Opening day will kick off a weekend-long celebration of Cabela's first Delaware location highlighted by celebrity appearances, family events, giveaways and more.

My bet is the duck dynasty guys and a country singer

yes as long as it's jersey compliant....

You may also have to deal with their confusions about what is legal in NJ and what is not.  I bought a Savage 110BA in 300 Win Mag from Cabelas in Hamburg, and just as the gun desk work was about to be complete, a young woman who had not been involved in the sale came out to tell me that the gun was illegal in NJ and I couldn't buy it.  Took a while to find out that they figured it was illegal because of the flash hider, but of course it is a bolt-action gun and so that doesn't matter.  

They were insistent, but friendly and trying to be helpful.  Finally I looked up the NJ assault weapon definition letter on my phone, sent them the link, a bunch of guys in manager outfits (where did they come from?) went into the back room, and 30 minutes later opined that it was OK for me to buy it.  Props to them for taking the time to figure it out and being willing to change their beliefs, but it was a PITA.

So, you can buy any NJ long gun, but make sure you can prove it's NJ legal.

I went today, but I won't go again for a month. Just going to let it die down for awhile. I asked what the line was when I cam in, it was the checkout line 45 minute wait. An associate tried to put some blazer 22 on the shelf it was there for like .5 seconds.

Went to Grand Opening yesterday it was beyond what I thought for a Thursday afternoon had to be well over a thousand people. Scored a brick of Blazer 500 for $28.00 limit 1  per person. Picked up some odds & ends then spent about an hour & half to check out. All in all a good day, will wait a bit for the dust to settle before the next trip down.

Went there yesterday afternoon.

Scored the last two bricks of 22lr.  After a few minutes, they brought out a couple of more cases but they went as soon as they hit the shelf.

I got in line and handed a brick to the pimple faced goon next to me.  So I was able to walk out with 2.

Jersey > Delaware.  AMIRITE!? 

Shooter14 got it right. There was plenty on .22 to go around. Store was packed but checkout lines were only a few minutes. Left there around 2 and the cars were still flowing I to the lots. But basically, they are giving ice cubes away in the winter. Didn't see many deals. Bought some Blazer .22 after singing up for cabelas card. Final cost was $7.99 for 500. Time to put the card away until they send me $10 more credit for referring someone for the card.

Shooter14 got it right. There was plenty on .22 to go around. Store was packed but checkout lines were only a few minutes. Left there around 2 and the cars were still flowing I to the lots. But basically, they are giving ice cubes away in the winter. Didn't see many deals. Bought some Blazer .22 after singing up for cabelas card. Final cost was $7.99 for 500. Time to put the card away until they send me $10 more credit for referring someone for the card.

Awww....I coulda referred YOU and got $10!

I found out what the line outside was today.. they were giving out gift cards to the first 50 people in line... The bad part is I was early and sitting in my car thinking WTF are all these people waiting for. I could have been close to the number 50 in line but was sitting in my car drinking coffee...... BTW a lot of 22lr Blazer bulk packs and cci standard  in stock just in the back buy the handguns. I also picked up 2lbs of 4065 powder and some 168gr a-max and Matchking to start me off in reloading .30-06. They had a decent supply of reloading stuff. a good amount of rifle and pistol primers

I was there on Wed. around 10am. Two 22lr bricks (me 1 and wife 1). Price at @$28 was fantastic.

I don't think any Cabelas store anywhere ever has a significant powder stock.

Nice store. No real reason to go to Hamburg now. I am about 55 miles north.  

I was there yesterday afternoon looking around. First time actually in a Cabellas and thought it was pretty nifty. Couldn't stand the crowds though. Usually I can handle it, but yesterday was getting a touch panic-y. Ended up buying some 7 1/2 shot and some seasonings. They had nothing else I was looking for.