Shawnmoore81

Cabelas in del grand opening

Went down today to check it out. Got there around 1:30. It was not crowded but it was doing brisk buisness.  

The gun and hunting areas were by far the most busy.  I didnt go into the pistol area, but that seemed the busiest.

I went down there to check out the reloading supplies.

Lots of brass and bullets and several different brands of primers including CCI, Federal and Remington.  Price for CCI small and large primers was 39.99 / 1000.  There was very little powder and of what I saw it was rifle only. Lots of reloaders, tumblers and other accessories.

Lot of ammo. A lot of people crowded around the .22.  It is getting kind of embarrassing watching all these people clamoring for .22.

Saw an old man and his grandkid going over a rack of Mosin Nagants priced at $169.00 looking for the best one.

Check out was 3-4 people deep but moving quickly.

Cool store.

Stopped by the new Cabelas in DE today on the way from from a work trip.  Nice easy access off I-95! I am a Hamburg, PA guy normally, it is much closer to home. The DE store is probably 1/3 smaller, but nicely laid out.  I only quickly ran through the ammo and reloading aisles. No .22LR, Lots of 9mm and .45. I was looking for trap loads in 20GA and that was almost impossible to find, lots of heavy 20GA and 12GA loads.  The reloading section is kind of small, there was a few rifle powders on the shelf, no pistol powders. lots of primers, but no large pistol, only magnums.

Store and staff were very friendly (like Hamburg) but the big win is no sales tax!  I bought some pistol ammo for that reason alone :-)

BTW,anyone tried the Herter's (Cabelas private label) Shotgun ammo? I bought a couple boxes of their 20GA target loads, it was cheap @ $5.99/25, just hope if feeds well.

Im heading down to delaware on Thursday for the weekend. Cabelas is my first stop going down and my last stop coming home. What better place to be able to legally take my firearm out of my trunk and start carrying for the weekend. Will be picking up some ammo not sure what else I may find.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

No tax but the price for ammo was at least 2 dollars a box higher than the hamburg store for just about everything that I was looking for, also it seemed that hamburg routinely has lots of things reduced where as not so for the Delaware store. Maybe after it is open for a few months things will stabilize. Did notice on a recent flyer that they were advertising sales at both locations. All in all still a nice option.

Stopped by the new Cabelas in DE today on the way from from a work trip.  Nice easy access off I-95! I am a Hamburg, PA guy normally, it is much closer to home. The DE store is probably 1/3 smaller, but nicely laid out.  I only quickly ran through the ammo and reloading aisles. No .22LR, Lots of 9mm and .45. I was looking for trap loads in 20GA and that was almost impossible to find, lots of heavy 20GA and 12GA loads.  The reloading section is kind of small, there was a few rifle powders on the shelf, no pistol powders. lots of primers, but no large pistol, only magnums.

Store and staff were very friendly (like Hamburg) but the big win is no sales tax!  I bought some pistol ammo for that reason alone :-)

BTW,anyone tried the Herter's (Cabelas private label) Shotgun ammo? I bought a couple boxes of their 20GA target loads, it was cheap @ $5.99/25, just hope if feeds well.

I use their shotgun ammo all the time but I am feeding an 870 12 GA that feeds just about anything including my reloads!

I use their shotgun ammo all the time but I am feeding an 870 12 GA that feeds just about anything including my reloads!

Well I am using it to feed an 870 in 20GA so good info!  The Herters is definitely an attractive price after Remington and Estate all seemed to jump $10/case in the past year (when you can find them.)

Posted Image

$259.99 out the door

-$10 off text coupon

-$25 gift card

---------------

$224.99

Sold my .17hmr for $200 to a buddy before I even walked out of the store. Upgrade cost me $24.99

This was an extremely clean used gun. I tossed a Blackhawk bipod on it for now. I'll add a Harris. Also gonna look into a higher power scope. It came with a bushnell 3-9x40

Posted Image