diamondd817

Cherry Ridge (ANJRPC) Range - Big Thumbs Down

A Dome Perhaps ?

that my help, I'll get right on that

Can you make that a retractable dome Last Shot? I enjoy breathing the fresh country air and sunshine on my face when Im at the 300 yard line. Thanks in advance, your the best!

On a more serious note, I was at the range today at the 100 yard line. I was shooting at a static 9" plate and one of the bolts came loose so technically I broke it. During the next target change I told one the range officers that the plate was busted. Did he scold me, did he kick me off the range, did he make me pay for a new plate? None of the above. He wizzed down range on his golf cart and fixed it for me so I could proceed to shoot it to my enjoyment. The guy even put a fresh coat of orange paint on it for me. I thought that was extremely nice of him but thats not the first time a RO has gone out of his way to help me out at Cherry Ridge. I like those guys!

I was unaware that it was that frequent. I see the six police dates in October, which is excessive, but only one in November (100 yard) and none for the next several months. 

I will email someone on the board and report back. 

Do they schedule police dates on a month-by-month basis?

Have you noticed that ALL of the Police dates has been removed from the range schedule (past, present, and future). I guess they are trying to keep it hush hush now. What a bunch of (fill in the blank).

Have you noticed that ALL of the Police dates has been removed from the range schedule (past, present, and future). I guess they are trying to keep it hush hush now. What a bunch of (fill in the blank).

Last I looked, the schedule is finished. As for hiding them all. What do you think they'd gain by doing that? All that would do is cause more trouble.

Last I looked, the schedule is finished. As for hiding them all. What do you think they'd gain by doing that? All that would do is cause more trouble.

Where did they go then??

Their were 6 police pistol range closures on the scheduled in October. Plus some police rifle. They all vanished from the schedule. They never removed past police closures from the schedule before getting complaints.

Its simple though. Only the people that go early during a weekday will know because we called the hotline. The majority of the membership will not know because they are not advertised on the "range schedule" anymore.

Yea, but that was last month. When were they removed? Weren't Oct's pd shoots cancelled last month?

Everything else that was in October is still up on the Range Schedule. And Sept, Aug, etc. They never removed police events before.

http://www.anjrpc.org/?page=Range_schedule

Still makes no sense. No point in worrying now anyway. Contact Bach or Dempsey. See what they say...

Refer to page 3 of this thread. Newtonian contacted Scott Bach. All he got was some lame response which did not address anything.

I'm going to retract my statement's for now. I didn't realize that the complete 2014 schedule was removed and a 2015 was posted. I will be keeping an eye on it though to see if any bs is going on.

Referring to them about why its now missing. Not original complaint.

Scott Bach told me that two (maybe three) of the October cop dates were bogus. That led to me asking why they can't send out an email blast beforehand when police activity will be known to occur. He responded that there were mailing list issues. Too many people on the ANJRPC list that do not belong to the range. I asked why not send out an email anyway; those who don't go to the range can simply delete; we don't exactly get a lot of junk mail from the Association. Besides, obviously, you can have a separate list for range members. I mean, for $200/yr...No response.

Y'all know that I love the range and will continue to go there. Life isn't perfect. 

I've been considering joining This year. I'm already a member at EFGA and have no complaints I'm just looking to shoot further than 100 yds. Im going to join anjrpc either way so joining the range would give me an added benefit right from the start. What I'm trying to find out is there any way to stop up and look around? I know about the orientation Sunday but would rather look around before paying for the class. If any officers or members can give me an idea if this is possible it would be I greatly appreciated.

FYI - IF you are joining no matter what, you are not paying for - a class -.... Orientation is required if you are going to join. In other words, No Orientation, No Join... It's a one time thing...and it's more or less reading you the riot act of rules and regs, etc.

I've been considering joining This year. I'm already a member at EFGA and have no complaints I'm just looking to shoot further than 100 yds. Im going to join anjrpc either way so joining the range would give me an added benefit right from the start. What I'm trying to find out is there any way to stop up and look around? I know about the orientation Sunday but would rather look around before paying for the class. If any officers or members can give me an idea if this is possible it would be I greatly appreciated.

Looks like a country club! Thanks for the video. I was going to join the association either way seems like they do a lot for gun rights and we need all the help we can get in jersey. But it's starting to lean more towards me being at the next orientation. Looks like it would be worth the ride up just to sit,relax and take in the fresh air.

Does it get really crowded on all the rifle ranges on weekends? I mostly shoot rifle but not stuck with one distance so as long as there's room at one of them I'd be happy. Week days are all booked to maintain the weekend addiction.

The 100 yard rifle range gets the most crowded. If you want room to breathe then go to the 200/300 yard range. Its open for 200 yards in the morning and then at 1pm it goes to 300 yards. Never gets as nearly as crowded as the 100 yard range. Sat and Sun afternoons on a busy weekend usually have less then 6 shooters at the 300 yard range.

Does it get really crowded on all the rifle ranges on weekends? I mostly shoot rifle but not stuck with one distance so as long as there's room at one of them I'd be happy. Week days are all booked to maintain the weekend addiction.

As long as there isn't a match going on there is always a spot available on all the ranges. Weekend mornings are the busiest, it may be crowded but you'll never have to wait for a spot to open up.