bravozulu14

Smart Gun law kicks in now?

Well, lets hope his decision does put I'm out of business.

already emailed the company, stating plainly that knowing that laws like NJ's are on the books, his decision to move ahead with this, clearly and definitively places him and his business against 2nd Amendment protected rights.  Actions speak louder than words.  I hope to see his business belly up in the next 6 months.

Let's hope it does put him out of business. Then maybe others will learn from his mistake

Could be the straw (albeit rather large one) that breaks the proverbial camel's back.  MD got really hostile to shops like Engage as of October 2013 due to their new AWB.

Just e-mailed him the following...

“What is free if it’s not choice?”
                                Andy Raymond – Washington Post

You know Andy, you’re right. So myself and hundreds, maybe thousands of law abiding gun owners are going to choose not to do business with you. Often times the people that are saddled with onerous laws had no chance to countermand them because they live in a blue state and are simply outvoted by liberals joined by those who have no understanding of the issue.

I vote with my wallet and you, and gun stores who choose to stock and sell these guns which result in far reaching consequences for gun owners in other states, will never see a dime of my money – you can’t go out of business fast enough. You are the vanguard of tyranny.

Traitor.

Sincerely,

It's only a matter of time before this gun is sold. I mean any anti gunner could get 20k from bloomberg to open a ffl to sell this

I would take bloombergs money, open a shop have 1 gun and spend the rest of his money on hookers and booze ! Maybe some food I will need the energy :)

dont these idiots realize their playing right into holder and bloomys hands, Holder said last week or so that they need to invest millions of dollars into this technology to make it universal thru out the country

Don't tell us. Tell him. Apparently we aren't doing too good a job because he actually had the time to respond to my first e-mail within a short period of time. We need to shut down his on-line presence by flooding his inbox with our opinions. He has certainly expressed his.

Adios,

Pizza Bob

Hey Guys, concerning what happened today and what will happen tonight: I WANT TO HEAR FROM YOU. Please be civil, feel free to call me at the shop, 301-838-3151. I do not consider myself the enemy but apparently many of you do. If you want to discuss please call, but be a gentleman. Our shop number is 301-838-3151. Just ask for Andy.

Eventually this law will kick in. At some point will have to deal with it in the courts. I rather we deal with it in THIS supreme court then the next one.

That's if SCOTUS will even hear it. As we all know, they've denied hearing quite a few 2A cases recently and we still don't know if they'll take an obvious case like Drake.

I just sent Andy this email, PS....I see no smart guns on his website as of 9:30PM EST today!  Were they ever on there????

Andy,

As a resident of New Jersey. I implore you to stop the sale of your so called smart gun.
Your actions alone will bring to life severe restrictions in NJ and CA as well as open a federal floodgate!

Please ask yourself, if you truly support the 2nd Amendment, why would you want to be known
as the man who enabled the anti gun lawmakers to take away the rights of countless thousands of law abiding gun
owners. If you sell one single smart gun, the clock will begin ticking in New Jersey so that in 3 years from the date
of that sale, ONLY smart guns can be sold in our state!!!

Batteries can and do die! Electronic components can and do fail! I don't like wearing the same watch everyday!!!
Please stop immediately! Your company may make a few dollars from some smart gun sales but you are sure to go out of business
due to the horrible publicity and the millions who WILL boycott your company. The reverse will be the case if you follow my advice!!!!
The gun community will go out their way, I know I will, to buy from you and support you for making the right decision.

Please heed my words! Not for the thousands who will be hurt, but for your company, which WILL FAIL!!!!

Just got this response from Andy Raymond....Co-owner of Engage Armament!!! I really don't know what he meant to say but it seems as though he's under

a ton of stress and has given in to us!  The absence of any smart gun on his website says something!

What do you guys take from his response???

Done and done boss. Im working on a video right now. Had a few shots but you have my word it will gun tonight

This is a copy of a post on their Facebook page! Now I am even more confused about Andy's response!!!

"Tom Bostic I just spent the last two hours at Engage listening to Andy taking calls on this matter. Everything from people who were concerned about their future gun rights to death threats. Things aren't always what they seem and death threats are a bit much , he didn't make the legislation and he's a stand up guy and would not do anything to take gun rights away from anyone. You people need to slow your roll and do your homework. I guarantee none of you called your legislatures with death threats when they proposed this law. He will be posting a video later tonight or first thing tomorrow explaining the entire situation. I can tell you he's not responsible if anything were to become of this with NJ."

Dan Roberts spoke to him also and posted this

Dan is Shyannes father and a writer for Ammoland

Dan Roberts I spoke to Andy for about a half hour a little while ago. I have a Thunder Storm moving into my area and still need a shower. I have briefed Eric  on the broad strokes of my conversation with Andy and asked Eric to create a post concerning that conversation on my behalf. It is my opinion, after speaking with Andy, that he seems to be a genuine guy that was lied to and deceived by Armatix, as well as being a bit naive' and ignorant to the details of the ramifications of his decision as it pertains to activating NJ 's Smart Gun Law. He insisted that he intends to make a video and post it to the company Facebook page either tonight or tomorrow and will out Armatix for their duplicity and knowingly throwing him to the wolves. I would suggest we take a wait and see approach over the next 24 hours.

Guys, let me be the odd man out, let him sell the damn smart gun. It is not his fault that we have criminal politicians. We should not be stifling the sale of certain firearms (no matter how stupid) because our corrupt politicians decided to enact legislation that will honestly not survive scrutiny from SCOTUS.